Thread: Peace 9ers

mtbr member

Peace 9ers

How come there aren't too many pics of this bike on here? I was eyeing the 09's. Looking for some info by some owners. How do ya like 'em? Are there any out there with suspension forks on? What, if any upgrades are a priority? Lets see some pics of your Peace!!

mtbr member
    Can't post pics of a new one, but here is one of my 2007. I have been riding it almost exclusively over the past couple of years and really like it. As you can see, it has gone through a few changes. Even more since this pic was taken...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    This is my stock peace 9er SS. My first 9er and SS. Fun bike, ridden mostly around town, bike paths etc, have not had much chance to ride single track with it much yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Socal-Stumpjumper is that the Salsa seat clamp? 30mm?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Here's my 08, have changed the fork to a reba, dropper seat post and funky coloured cables, I ride with the fork locked out most of the time, so probably could have stayed rigid, have seen the new 09's, gone is the ebb and in with horizontal dropouts instead, also is noticably lighter than the old one due to reynolds tubing.

mtbr member

seat clamp

Shogun9 -
    Yes, It's a Salsa and yes, 30.0. Beware though that I had one that wasn't quite exactly 30.0 and the post slipped a lot. I tried a second one and it fit better, no problems, even with a CF post that I have now.

Chris

mtbr member
    "have seen the new 09's, gone is the ebb and in with horizontal dropouts instead, also is noticably lighter than the old one due to reynolds tubing."

So do you think this is a great improvement?? How are the stock brakes?

Slightly askew

Mine

My Peace9r. Upgraded the cranks to Hones, old 4 piston XT disks, Thompson post, and XT pedals. Has renewed my interest to ride XC again. Only complaint..not enough rear tire clearence for a 2.5.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Zero charisma

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

here's mine...

Dedicated commuter, all stock except 44t chain ring and Conti SportContact's.

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...1&d=1221223430
    Last edited by shogun9; 09-12-2008 at 10:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDIN'MO
    "have seen the new 09's, gone is the ebb and in with horizontal dropouts instead, also is noticably lighter than the old one due to reynolds tubing."

So do you think this is a great improvement?? How are the stock brakes?
    I think the horizontals will make it easier for the average mechanically minded person to change gear ratios, no messing about with a pin tool and the two locking bolts, also I have repaired a few where the locking bolts have been cranked up too tight and stripped the threads in the frame, quite easy to do, so no chance of that happening now. Lighter is allways a bonus. Stock brakes are suprisingly good, I was going to swap out to hydro's when I first bought it, but after 3 or 4 rides on the stockers all I did was change to better cables, still have the standard 6inch rotors, plenty of power to slow me down and i'm approx 220 lb's.

Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    09' Owners - Do your mechanical brakes on your Peace SS make a little noise? Not a loud squeek or anything, just a little noise as the disc goes through the caliper. It does not seem to cause any drag on the bike. This is my first bike with disc brakes and not sure about adjustment. Thanks

808+909 = Party Good Time
    08 Peace 9r - changed bars, removed bash ring, got crank bros pedals waiting to go on and getting seatpost in matching chrome to bars in next month

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbox
    08 Peace 9r - changed bars, removed bash ring, got crank bros pedals waiting to go on and getting seatpost in matching chrome to bars in next month

Very nice CB.Are those On One Mary bars? I didn't know they made em in crome..Just remember the old saying "Chrome don't get ya home" It's a motorcycle thing.HaHa. I really like the new GT that is black,than blue to light blue.Some blue on blue I9's on that puppie would be the ducks nuts...Thanks Chumbox,PM sent..CF..

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    i have a 09 on order. just waiting for it to comein. i will take some pics amd let u know how it is. i currently ride a trek 69er ss

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff bernaeyge
    i have a 09 on order. just waiting for it to comein. i will take some pics amd let u know how it is. i currently ride a trek 69er ss
    Which one did you get? (color) When will it be in?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    i went with the od green. not sure when it will be here. i wasnt givein a clear answer. hopefully soon though

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff bernaeyge
    i went with the od green. not sure when it will be here. i wasnt givein a clear answer. hopefully soon though
    Sounds good bro, look forward to seeing and hearing about it. CF..

You can ge Marys in chromo now but those bars are actually Sushi bars made by my local LBS... great bars and only like $36AUD

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    Very nice CB.Are those On One Mary bars? I didn't know they made em in crome..Just remember the old saying "Chrome don't get ya home" It's a motorcycle thing.HaHa. I really like the new GT that is black,than blue to light blue.Some blue on blue I9's on that puppie would be the ducks nuts...Thanks Chumbox,PM sent..CF..

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbox

what did you do to the chain ring bolts because they are too big to just remove the bash guard?

Quote Originally Posted by nickcarll
    what did you do to the chain ring bolts because they are too big to just remove the bash guard?
    You can get smaller ones for just a single ring for very little cost. I had some spares I put on there instead. Most bike shops will sell them and they come in many colours.

Murag Kanding!!!
    Sep 2005
    My wife's Peace 9r after riding her first ever organized ride at Princess Promenade. I upgraded the handlebar, grips, saddle, and headset.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by black cross
    09' Owners - Do your mechanical brakes on your Peace SS make a little noise? Not a loud squeek or anything, just a little noise as the disc goes through the caliper. It does not seem to cause any drag on the bike. This is my first bike with disc brakes and not sure about adjustment. Thanks
    I have a 2008 but my brakes are very noisy seem like theyare rubbing but dont really cause any problems. and very very load when theyget wet

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Here is a picture of my new Peace-9r. I'm brand new to SS/Rigid and its a blast!

mtbr member
    Here's mine. Many many upgrades. Only pics I have right now.

mtbr member
    Okay, I found my list of upgrades.

2008 GT Peace 9r – Maroon, large frame

Shimano UN-54 68x118 BB
    WI Eno Cranks 175mm /36T ring
    17t rear
    Avid bb7 x 185 discs
    Avid Dial 7 levers
    DMR V8 oxblood pedals
    DMR oxblood wingbar 700mm
    Easton EA30 stem
    GT 26.8 seatpost