mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Paging SkaTodd or other GT veteranos

Does this look like a large to you guys?

New GT Force Full Carbon Mountain Bike DH Fr Am XC Bicycle Frame | eBay

I'm looking for a excellent condition Force Carbon frame only in med or large; this one seems to fill the bill, bit something about it seems off. For starters the advertised 150mm HT fits the XL spec sheet, and various other pics just look larger than large to me… any input is greatly appreciated.

Side note, I need a frame so if this one is misrepresented as I believe it to be, I'm looking for a med or lg Carbon Force. No shock needed, don't even need dropouts - I just had shocks rebuilt, new brakes and drivetrain all set to go on my trusty AL frame only to find a crack upon reassembly. No knock against the frame, it's seen WAY more action than it should have over the last three years so it was time. But riding my Zaskar 100 has made me realize I want a carbon version of the Force to hang these new parts on, so if this one is indeed an XL then I'm in the market - pm me if you've got a lg or med for sale.

Thanks fellas!

Sorry, my bad - didn't realize the link didn't post via iPhone... thanks again!
    Last edited by Eric.; 02-06-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Industry Loudmouth
    I don't see the link or a pic?!?

-ska todd

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    sorry Todd, didn't realize the link didn't post properly via iPhone.

Ideally I'd prefer a med frame since it's what I'm used to but at 5'11" I could certainly fit a large, maybe shorten up the stem a bit. But something about this frame just doesn't look right, can't quite put my finger on it. Have you guys seen knock-offs at all? Not only does the HT seem abnormally long for a L but its angle looks slack... and some of the other pics just seem disproportionate somehow (?). Maybe I'm being paranoid, I just want to be sure that I can swap all my parts from the old AL frame directly over to a carbon version; I've got enough steerer tube left for a true LG but this one looks like a stretch.

Also, I assume I can install my 135x12mm Sanction dropouts to any of the Force/Sanction family regardless of vintage, correct - no changes in bolt pattern for the 142x12mm frames?

Thanks once again for the expertise!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Never mind, sold.

Thanks anyway!

Industry Loudmouth
    Sorry I didn't see this in time. The frame looks to be some NOS being sold off by a distributor perhaps.

If you are 5'11" I would surely recommend a L and perhaps even an XL w/ a short stem.

-ska todd

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Cool, I'll expand my search to include LG as well.

I've always liked a little smaller frame, feels more natural for my riding style I guess. But as my bars have gone wider and stems shorter over the years I'm thinking it may be time to try out a little longer frame. There was just something about the frame in that eBay ad that didn't look right, hence my post. Thanks once again for the response Todd!

So, anyone out there have a clean Carbon Force (2009-13) in Med or LG they're looking to part with??