dft
    mtbr member

pagging sanction riders

i dont hear alot about people on these bikes.
    i really like it as i'm looking for a trail bike that is still pretty slack HA and this fits the bill (i like riding the steeps). also looking at giant reign.

how do you like this bike?
    thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    These posts should answer your question about people riding the Sanction. There are plenty of them dude.

2008 GT Saction / Force
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I've got a 3.0 and I love it. So far I've only upgraded the brakes to Juicy 5's, everything else is working just fine. I love the way it gives you a lot of confidence and soaks up everything you throw at it, and still climbs very well for such a slack angle and 33+lbs. Depending on what you ride, it might be a little overkill though. I found that unless I'm doing really fast, steep and technical decents with higher drops my 5 inch bike is enough. But the comfy, plush feel of the GT is priceless I love my GT!!!

dft
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GS833
    I've got a 3.0 and I love it. So far I've only upgraded the brakes to Juicy 5's, everything else is working just fine. I love the way it gives you a lot of confidence and soaks up everything you throw at it, and still climbs very well for such a slack angle and 33+lbs. Depending on what you ride, it might be a little overkill though. I found that unless I'm doing really fast, steep and technical decents with higher drops my 5 inch bike is enough. But the comfy, plush feel of the GT is priceless I love my GT!!!
    thanks!
    ha, this will actually be my light trail bike, my current and only bike is 41 pounds and i do many 5000 foot climbs with it. if it can be 33 pounds, that would be great! still looking at a giant reign also.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dft
    thanks!
    ha, this will actually be my light trail bike, my current and only bike is 41 pounds and i do many 5000 foot climbs with it. if it can be 33 pounds, that would be great! still looking at a giant reign also.
    In that case, than yeah, compared to your other bike this will definately be a "climber", lighter bike. I did not look at the Reign or the Remedy at the time I got mine 'cause they were out of my price range, but they are sweet bikes for sure!! Good luck and let us know what you end up getting. BTW; I got mine at Performance, they had great deals at the time.