May the Force be with you

Opinion on a GT IDXC 2.0

I'm thinking of purchasing a GT Idxc 2.0 2005 for $800.00 Used about 3 times no off road and only about 70 miles on it.
    He's also going to throw in a in door trainer and an extra helmet and peddles.
    Do you think this is a good deal?

Any real issues with the I drive system?

I had a 2000 Idrive XCR3000 for about 2 years and loved it,but it now time to up grade.
    Please help me out with this one!

Thanks.

The pic of the bike.
    Tims.jpg

My gloves stink
    That's a great deal on a good bike, depending on what you're going to use it for. A friend of mine has one. He bought it after Outside Mag awarded the IDXC 1.0 "Gear of the Year". My son has the old-style I-Drive. Compared to the old design, the new design is a more efficient pedaler, especially good out of the saddle. Plus its lighter and simpler. A good rig for standard XC use. If your thing is more about going down than up, then you might want something beefier with longer legs and slacker angles. But if you don't do anything particularly demanding, for that price, I'd snatch it up.

One issue is that some guys- my buddy included- have had cracks form in the rear triangle. His is the 04 model year. GT replaced it for free. Some guys have gotten entire new frames in the deal. I dunno how common a problem it is or if GT will give another triangle to a second owner.
    I dreamed I ate a 10 lb marshmallow. When I awoke, my pillow was gone.

I Plan on using it more going up than going down.
    Thanks for your reply.