mtbr member
    Jun 2008

older iDrive frame: dissassembly pics of main suspension pivot?

Does anyone have any photos, or possibly a service manual in PDF format they can post for dissassemly of the main suspension pivot for a GT iDrive frame, from late 90's, early 2000's (generation 1 I think). I have a GT XCR-4000 with the eccentric type iDrive.

Dissassembly of the iDrive itself was easy. I would like to view photos before I take apart the main swingarm pivot.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I posted some pics a while back. Search my posts and you will find what u are looking for
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Jorgito,thank you for the response.

I went through all your old posts, and could not find the photos in question.

I did find this thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/gt/i-drive-pi....html#poststop

but that covers the newer iDrive than what I have. I had found that thread previously in a search, before starting this thread.

During my searching I found a post that linked to a place to buy pivot and even eccentric bearing parts. GT i Drive Spares : Mountain bikes and componets by BETD Goldtec

I also found in that same post, a PDF that shows a blurry drawing of the pivot of a GT dissassembled.

Got an old iDrive? Need eccentric spares?

but no photos.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    My GT resembles this one (I'm not sure of the exact year of my frame)

BikePedia - 2000 GT XCR-4000 Complete Bicycle

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Ok, hold on. I'll see if I can find it for you.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Here's one more with the sealed bearing type of I-drive.

Older I-drive sealed bearing pivot Maintenance pics

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    AWESOME!

Thank you very much!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    hey, I'm not sure if its because I'm new to the forums, and I realize there are other threads on this, responding to the most recent, but I can not get the pictures to come up for the link to the Older I-drive sealed bearing pivot Maintenance pics.

I have the old team version Idrive, been sitting nicely in my garage for several years, and it's time to get off my fat @ss, and get back in the saddle. need some help with any maintenance that I should do to the eccentric. I guess I'm SOL on finding replacement bearings.

What could go wrong ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post
    hey, I'm not sure if its because I'm new to the forums, and I realize there are other threads on this, responding to the most recent, but I can not get the pictures to come up for the link to the Older I-drive sealed bearing pivot Maintenance pics.

I have the old team version Idrive, been sitting nicely in my garage for several years, and it's time to get off my fat @ss, and get back in the saddle. need some help with any maintenance that I should do to the eccentric. I guess I'm SOL on finding replacement bearings.
    would THESE work
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I'm 99% certain, those will fit the "regular" idrives, the team, race and marathon version's are sealed bearings, if I could see those pic's I'd know for sure, lol, I believe I have a set of those in my garage to, I purchased some spare parts, while GT was being acquired by Pacific, back in the day.