Thread: old gt tempest.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

old gt tempest.

this was found in the trash of my condo building. thinking of rebuilding it as a single speed for a friend of mine. SN SAS520529. stole some parts to put on my old haro (see pic in haro section) from center of bb to top of seat tube is 18". think that would be way too big for a girl, 5'3", even if its just going to be a bike to ride around the neighborhood and maybe to the store once in a while? im thinking the frame is around a 97 or so. going to sand, paint, and make like new, but dont want to start off on the wrong foot if its going to be too big.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Frame is in fact a 95. Last year they had the All Terra down tube decal. What you have their is a GT 16" frame they were measured from the center of the BB to the center of the seat tube. Maybe be tight for someone 5'3" as you noted unless they are long in the legs.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

Devolution is real!
    I'm glad you saved it. It is such a shame people throw bikes away.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    thank you for setting me str8 on the size gm. i had her ride some 16" bikes the past couple days and she felt fine. so, tomorrow im starting the tear down and sanding. we were going to have it painted by a pro, but would rather save the money and put it into the bike. ill post an update on the paint job maybe next week some time.