Braugh Bro.

Oh crap, what have I done.

I have a 2006 GT Ruckus 2.0 idrive 7 frame. And I was doing routine maintenance on the pivots, and as I was putting everything back together, one of the "main pin caps" (name found here http://www.gtbicycles.com/skin/front...supplement.pdf ) sheared off. I tried to call GT, but the number on their website is useless, I sent some emails, but who knows how long that will take. Does anyone here know where I can get a replacement part, or have a phone number that could get me in touch with someone at GT?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    If they are the same as the other i-drives i might have a spare one. I think i saw ur post in facebook too. Since u r in Cali talk to Jasen Gomez in the GT bicycle owners FB page. He works for performance in San Fran and is a big GT fan. Im sure he can get u one. My FB name is the same as in here.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

Braugh Bro.
    Yeah we've exchanged comments on the FB page, we got our ruckus frames around the same time. I'd be willing to take a shot at whatever spare youve got if I can't get one through GT.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    i have an 02 ruckus 2.0 frame i am building up and i need the bottom shock mount parts
    consists of 6 quan of a beveled "nut" and 3 quan of a 6mm stud, i need three nuts and two studs. But will take whatever i can get so i have spares

if anyone knows where to get such a thing, i would appreciate it .

i actually found them i think as lower shock mount kit for DHi [i think they use the same countersunk mounting triangle] but its at bikelab in NZ and they wont ship to the US.

doug hunt

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Try Rbikes com, i just ordered the screw that goes into the main pivot caps. They can order just about any part you are looking for. Ask for Adam. (tell him Steve with the GT referred you). He's gonna ask for pics of the part, the link you have above will work. Let me know how it works out. . .

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thanks gtforce1
    I called Rbikes and spoke to Adam,
    He asked for a pdf of the parts so i found a ruckus
    diagram and emailed it to him.
    Hopefully he can get me these parts because i am 0 for two
    with no return emails from BETD or Bikelab ( both list gt suspension parts)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I had this same problem on mine...

Don't worry about finding the original oval head nut/stud setup, you'll have a tough time locating (as you've found), and end up breaking it again anyway. I found some shouldered bolts from a fastener store (8 or 10M I believe), making sure that the shouldered portion would extend through the shock bushing; however, this meant the threaded portion stuck out a bit too far, so I trimmed and retapped the ends. They held up forever.

As I recall this only worked at the swingarm end of the shock, the frame end still required the proprietary setup... I think. Feel free to PM me if you're still having trouble, I may have some of the extra non-trimmed bolts. And I may even have one of the originals somewhere, but I literally just moved so finding anything in my garage right now requires some excavation! Bottom line, there are alternatives.

Good luck, other than the broken shock hardware my old Ruckus never let me down!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray230sx View Post
    Thanks gtforce1
    I called Rbikes and spoke to Adam,
    He asked for a pdf of the parts so i found a ruckus
    diagram and emailed it to him.
    Hopefully he can get me these parts because i am 0 for two
    with no return emails from BETD or Bikelab ( both list gt suspension parts)
    send him this link :riteway-jp.com/maintenance/gt_smallparts/gt2004_2011.pdf scroll down to your model bike and then tell him the corresponding part #. I think the pivot caps are #6 and #7. Hope this helps...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gtforce1 View Post
    send him this link :riteway-jp.com/maintenance/gt_smallparts/gt2004_2011.pdf scroll down to your model bike and then tell him the corresponding part #. I think the pivot caps are #6 and #7. Hope this helps...
    thats a nice find, but does not have my 2002 ruckus breakdown.

here is the best one i have found:
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...gWbPa2wjgtYUqQ

and i sent it to him yesterday, but so far no response.

this one has a small error in the drawing [it calls both the upper and lower shock studs #28 but the lower shock stud is actually #29 in the parts list] :

http://www.sugoi.com/skin/frontend/g...Parts_List.pdf

the difference is the length ie: the upper "nuts" are 22mm from the bevel to end, while the lower are 13mm both use a 6mm x 1.0 stud, upper is 40mm, lower is 30mm

now its friday night and the weekend so i guess the guys at RBikes cant help me.

like Eric said above i will probably have to make something off the shelf work, or visit a machine shop and see if they can make these "nuts" up [i can find the 6mm x 1.0 allen studs online]

doug hunt