mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Noob Tequesta rebuild mini-update w/pics!

Here is my original post:
    Help for a noob rebuilding 1990's GT Tequesta

I had to replace the old suspension fork with a rigid fork and I was waiting almost a month for it to be stocked and shipped to me. It is a Tange suspension corrected fork.

Last week I dropped them off to be powdercoated. It cost more than I thought it would but it looks awesome. I also ordered some GT decals from Ebay; they didn't have any tequesta decals, so I'll just use the plain GT ones.

I am waiting for a new crankset, cassette, bottom bracket and brake/derailleur cable kit to come in at my LBS, should be here next friday. I cleaned up and am going to keep the derailleurs for now, this project is going to get out of hand $-wise if I keep buying new parts!

I wanted to thank you guys for all the help you've given me so far! I've learned a lot and hopefully when this is all done I can start on my own bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Good job, it'll be a sweet bike for sure. It's amazing how a new paint gives tired old frame a completely new life. Well worth the $. Speaking of $, you employed a very good strategy to pour $ on your significant others first, then outspend it on yours!

Nice day for a ride.....
    Looking good, I had an old Outpost back in the day that was very similar to your frame, steel with a rigid fork. I loved that old battle axe of a bike and regret parting with it.
    The paint looks great!
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike