mtbr member
    Jun 2008

New to the forum (serial number question inside)

Hi all, new to the forum but not to mountain biking. I started back in 93 on a Giant Iguana and moved up to a new 95 GT Zaskar which I still own (pics to follow). I just found another Zaskar on Ebay that I picked up, the serial number is 08972612 145. I wanted to confirm that it's a Zaskar (from all the reading I've been doing I'm 90 percent sure it is, but since I can't find a Serial # chart I'm winging it. I'm thinking that it's a 97 or 98 Zaskar. Here's the linky for the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Any help you guys can provide is much appreciated

Oh, and pics of my other baby:

mtbr member
    Yes its a Zaskar and it was built in August of 97. Has a 98 Judy SL fork (has the disc tabs). By the way blue and yellow decals do look great on the Ink Blue anodized frame.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I like those decals too. I found a Zaskar LE on Ebay but I forgot about the auction end date and missed it by 2 hours Same year, same color but an LE. The decals are the factory ones, and IIRC they used the same ones on the ball burnished frames as well. If I could afford to I'd be buying up all the old Zaskars I could. I just haven't found another hardtail that I enjoy as much.