mtbr member
    May 2012

Need your comments on a Avalanche 3.0

Thinking of buying a used Avalanche 3.0. Any comments about this bike.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Im lookin to get the avalanche 1.0. Im intrested to see what everyone says.

Slower than mud.
    May 2012
    Probably easier for everyone to comment if they know how you ride and what you're expecting from the bike. From what I've read/heard, the 1.0 is a decent entry level bike, and you get a lot of bang for your buck, but in the end, it'll leave you itching to upgrade.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I'd also like to hear what people think.

I'm tossing up between a used Specialized Hardrock on CL for $200 or a 2011 model Avalanche 3.0 for $400.

Most riding will be on crushed limestone and some road riding with the kids.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    i think my aggressor is really an avalanche. these late models are hard to tell apart.

Formerly mtbnoobadam
    I've got a 2010 avalanche 1.0 and it's a great entry level bike with the potential to be all you need in a hardtail with some upgrades. They come pretty well spec'd for a good price and the frame is bomb proof. I've been riding mine hard (1500 miles of rocky singletrack) and besides regular maintenance and changing grips and the stem for comfort reasons i havent had to do anything to it. Gt also has a great frame warranty that they honor whether you're the original owner or not.