mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Need some assistance with a LTS-3 identification

Hey guys, I have been lurking for awhile, but this is really one of my first times posting. I was wondering if I could get some assistance with trying to figure out what year this GT LTS-3 I have is and possibly what it is worth. I got the bike in trade from a guy on craigslist that needed a computer, and I needed a bike so it worked out well The PC was a spare and collecting dust in the corner anyway, figured I had nothing to lose.

I have taken it for a few test rides and full suspension is just not for me, especially with the clipless pedals. I am hoping to turn around and trade it for a hard tail of some sort, but honestly have no idea as to what it is worth.

Rather than list everything out I took a few pics of it and made a photobucket gallery to post. I know the stem, bars, grips, bar ends, and pedals are all aftermarket, but don't know if that adds a ton to the overall value.

Here are the pics:

Hope this pics are good enough, I took them over my lunch break and did not have time to get a complete written down list of everything on the bike. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Hadrien

No good in rock gardens..
    According to Bikepedia the ball burnished was an option on the 1997 model.

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...TS-3&Type=bike
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

GT LTS Hoarder
    +1 for it being a 97 model.

I watch ebay alot and see the GT LTS going anywhere from 400-500. Those particular components won't add much to the value a bike, unless they are some old vintage boutique stuff hanging on it (probably in some shade of ionized color). I saw a mint LTS-1 go for an absurd amount because it was never ridden and all stock.

Nice bike, by the way. If I didn't have 7 GTs already, I'd buy it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Have a nice hardtail GT that you would be willing to trade john?

Assuming of course you are in the Chicago-land area.

GT LTS Hoarder
    As blasphemous as it sounds, the only hardtail I have is a old Gary Fisher. Good luck!