mtbr member

Need seatpost diameter for GT transeo - please help

Not sure which subforum I should put this in - hopefully someone that can help will see it here.

Can anyone with a GT transeo tell me what diameter seatpost it has? Preferably a 2012 model, though I would imagine that although the head tube is longer in 2012 compared to 2011, the rest has not changed much.

Here is why I am asking: My family is ordering a GT Transeo 3.0 for my mother who is starting to ride paved/rail paths more. We have been all over, and none of the shops have it in stock, so we are ordering it in. Due to her knee problems, she needs to sit back a little farther than average so I plan on getting her a layback seat post (or actually probably an 20mm offset hybrid-type suspension post since she loves the one on her current bike). I want to order one in so that the post is here when the bike arrives. The shop that is getting the bike in has no clue as to what the seatpost diameter is. That measurement is not listed on the GT specs page. I emailed GT "customer service" and got a response stating to go to my local GT dealer. I am having to restrain myself on sending back a snide response seeing as none of the dealer here know anything about that bike!

PLEASE, if you have the Transeo or work at a shop that does, can you pull the post or take a caliper to it and tell me the size?!?!?!

Thanks in advance.

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    Thanks to Jason from the GT bicycle owners page for this.

GT Bicycle Owners Club | Facebook

He says it's a 27.2.
    Ignore them till they go away.It's corporate policy.

mtbr member
    Great. Thanks. The shop ordering it in gave me a measurement in the 30's - I figured they were giving the seat tube diameter for the collar instead of the actual seat post diameter. :banghead:

Your measurement makes much more sense! :thumbup:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Seatpost size

that measurement came straight from the frame..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gtjasen View Post
    that measurement came straight from the frame..
    ...and it was in fact correct. Thank you very much (assuming that you are the Jasen that originally provided the info). I had the seatpost ordered before the bike arrived so I was able to build it up immediately for my mom once the bike came. She absolutely loves the bike and notices a HUGE difference from her prior crummy hybrid/cruiser bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Awesome glad I could help;;;Transeo's are really fun bikes ! I have a buddy who went nuts and XTR'd the thing to death,,super fun City Cross ! lol...Jasen

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Oh ya and super stoked your Mom is able to ride her bike comfortably, she will have way more fun !! pedal on ~~~