mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Need help ID'ing a frame, Zaskar LE ??

Trying to help a friend ID a CL find. Frame is a ball burnished aluminum frame with the blue/yellow GT decal on the down tube and a Zaskar LE decal on the front area of the top tube, both decals match in color scheme and wear, ie not new decals on a worn scuffed up frame. At frist glance you think Zaskar, but it has the rounded cap end on the top tube??? Tubing decal on the seat tube says 6061 but no 6061 stamp on the rear dropouts which has a solid hanger, ie not replaceable?? Serial number is H3K03202 on the dropout which tells us it was a Hodaka built frame, obviously not a USA CA built frame. It was built up with a hodgepodge of XT, LX, misc parts with a decent stem/post/seat on it and a Rockshox Judy SL and midlevel V brakes on the seat stays. What I'm curious of is the issue with the rounded top tube cap, no 6061 stamp on the dropout and where it was built, Hodaka. Did the manufacture of the Zaskar ever move out of the US? What say ye GT experts?
    88 Mt.Goat Dlx, 96 WTR, 86 MB1, 85 Ritchey, 90 Fat Team Comp, 91 Wicked, 93 Merlin, 94 Bty Race,Rig, GT 98 AV, 02 GT I DR

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    If it's an older type then most likely it isn't a Zaskar. Does it have disc brake adapters? I think only the newer zaskars have disc adapters. It is most likely not a Zaskar. Post a pic if you have one.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Not a Zaskar

I think we/ve determined it's not a Zaskar based on the Taiwan Hodaka origin and other issues I mentioned. Probably a decal project, not even sure it's 6061 unless the 93 Av used 6061. Leaning toward a 93 Avalanche and a 20.00 decal kit
    88 Mt.Goat Dlx, 96 WTR, 86 MB1, 85 Ritchey, 90 Fat Team Comp, 91 Wicked, 93 Merlin, 94 Bty Race,Rig, GT 98 AV, 02 GT I DR