mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Need Help with 2001 FS Team Frame

Hey guys...I am new to this site and have recently picked up riding again. Anyway, I have a 2001 Team Frame i Drive that I want to build up and play with. Can anyone tell me where I can find some specs for it...(Its a size large by the way) I have no idea what size rear shock to get it and what other parts are compatible and which are best suited for this frame. If you could give me any info I would appreciate it greatly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach1
    Hey guys...I am new to this site and have recently picked up riding again. Anyway, I have a 2001 Team Frame i Drive that I want to build up and play with. Can anyone tell me where I can find some specs for it...(Its a size large by the way) I have no idea what size rear shock to get it and what other parts are compatible and which are best suited for this frame. If you could give me any info I would appreciate it greatly.
    well my dad is a pretty big guy and he has a fox vanilla and he likes it so yeah you have to spend a lot on his bikes
    I pwn n00bs!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    You can look at this for a little bit of information: http://www.greenfishsports.com/index...ROD&ProdID=587

At least that gets you started with seat post dia. and some other specs. I built one last year, though it is a size M, and it came with a shock, a Manitou QR which is 6" long when fully extended.

Most everything is pretty standard. The integrated headset is probably the hardest thing to find but I noticed that Atik makes one which is titanium, ceramic bearings, and probably much better than Cane Creek, which as far as I know, is your only other option. If I knew about Atik last year I definately would have gone that route.

It's a nice bike, you will like it.

mtbr member

2001 iDrive Team specs

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1
    here's a link to the original 2001 spec.
    http://www.airfreetires.com/Specs/St...Team&Year=2001

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126
    here's a link to the original 2001 spec.
    http://www.airfreetires.com/Specs/St...Team&Year=2001
    Yeah that frame originally came with and was designed around a 165mm fork. It came with a 165mm Rock Shox SID Race fork. Alot of people installed 180mm forks later on. Some said it changed the handeling drasicly [for the worst] and some reported minor handeling changes. It was designed with a longer toptube and longer chainstays and shorter travel rear suspension of 3" rather than 4.6" of all the other I-Drives. It was GTs attempt at a lightweight [easton 6061 tubing] crosscountry race bike. A very sweet machine I might add. I had a 2000' XCR-LE that came in that same color scheme, of GTs racing blue and yellow. That model was the only 4.6" travel I-Drive that came with Easton 6061 tubing. I would reccomend finding one of those SID race forks of 165mm to give it optimum performance. For what the frame was designed for. The rear shock of the 2001' Team was a Fox float RC with a lock out lever. It was specially designed by Fox for GT with only 3" of travel.

Front Range, Colorado
    Looks like Mach 1 is in violation of "Thread Desertion" he only showed up to ask the question.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 02-09-2007 at 03:42 PM.