Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

Nashbar Frame Sale 7-20-2012 to 7-22-2012

Nashbar has some sales on certain GT frames at the moment. Certainly not as a great deal as those from last year, but still great deals nonetheless.

Nashbar - Frames Blowout

Bryan
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member
    Wow, I didn't know my Force frame was so cheap! $250. That's it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thanks man !
    I made an order for GT Force 3.0 (Copper) !
    Good deal I think, and it will be second GT in my garage

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    These nashbar frames do not come w/ a rear shock and Nashbar does not have the info. Anyone know the rear shock eye-to-eye measurements? Is it 7.875x2.0?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    7.5x2 , just ordered a sanction

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Ordered a Force last sunday, no contact

CHARGES FOR WHAT WILL SHIP IN THE FUTURE - what does it mean ? My frame is ready for shipping or they're waiting on payment ? I'm using credit card and sent all required numbers with order.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    i ordered a Sanction, its been shipped but no tracking #.
    so excited to start building it

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    LOL
    ""Order History / Status: No orders found".

WTF ? Order cancelled, deleted from database ? Still no contact.

EDIT:
    and now: "Our site is temporarily down for maintenance and will be back up shortly."

Braugh Bro.
    Dammit, missed out on a sanction in my size. Got a copper force instead.

Got a ruckus during last years frame sale, and I love the hell out of it. It'll be nice to build something lighter now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    pinoy, when did you order and how long did it take to receive shipping notification?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by miles of pain View Post
    pinoy, when did you order and how long did it take to receive shipping notification?
    hey, i order it july 17, emailed me a confirmation after 2 days.
    im still waiting for the frame.

mtbr member
    Does anybody recieved thier frame yet.
    like to know if the frame comes with bushing for the rear shox too.

jon
    2010 Giant Reign0

Braugh Bro.
    The ruckus frame I got from them last year didn't come with the shock bushing hardware, so I doubt that they will this year.

mtbr member
    Nashbar is notorious for selling out of stock frames etc. I tried to buy a zaskar expert just recently, The website took my order, emailed me a confirmation, which told me it was shipping, then cancelled.

They often have their head up their a** on these big sales. It's not the first time it's happened to me. Usually if you don't get tracking by 2 days after ordering, you have to call to find out if you're going to actually get it. Chances are it's no and if you don't call to find out they won't bother to notify you for possibly weeks later. If the pending charge expires on your method of payment before it clears, you aren't getting your goodies.

So nice of them to get you all excited then PSYCH! No Frames for YOU...Thanks bike Nazi-bar! Oh and thanks again for that fiasco with the stolen credit info 3 years ago which made me & a billion other customers of yours cancel their cards and get new ones. At least I was lucky and no fake charges got through alot of people weren't so lucky. Nashbar is still sketchy at best. Good deals if you can actually get them and even if you do sometimes there are issues.

Sometimes they send returned/used/open merchandise as new (happened a few times) or they don't ship it by the method you picked. I asked for 2day, chgd for 2day, sent ground, have to call, then wait for refund. Happens A LOT! I'm a sucker for a good deal, so I deal with the bad for the good, but sometimes it doesn't feel worth it. Jenson has never let me down ever. I try to get gear there with price match/free ship first.
    Last edited by chanorama; 07-28-2012 at 10:10 PM. Reason: added info
    It's your thing, Do what you want to do

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Beer for You. It's true.
    I ordered Force frame and same situation with me.
    Low prices and low quality.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by c1ach View Post
    Beer for You. It's true.
    Yep, I was so geeked! I found killer component deals and pretty much had it built in my head with a mix of mid level components totalling under $700.

Of course that was with a lowbuck carbon rigid fork. With a good susp fork presto $1000-$1200. Which is still well below bikepedia's msrp of $2000 for 09 Zaskar expert alloy.

Most of my spec'd components were equal to or better than stock too. I have been waiting for a killer deal on a pearl white frame for sooo looong. Cue the muted trumpet bummer sound: Bwaaww, Bwaaww, Bwaaaawww...

Braugh Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by c1ach View Post
    Beer for You. It's true.
    Wow, that'd unfortunate. I'd be pretty pissed.

But my force frame is set to arrive tomorrow. And I have never had any issues with nashbar, and have ordered from them numerous times (10+)

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Called them today, confirmed that my frame shipped Tuesday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by miles of pain View Post
    Called them today, confirmed that my frame shipped Tuesday.
    Did they give you a tracking number or just tell you that it drop shipped? If you actually got a tracking number you are good to go.

If they say it's drop shipping that means it wasn't in stock, and they're hoping the manufacturer or wholesaler can or will ship one. They will tell you what you want to hear, but if your frame isn't actually shipping from their warehouse, good luck. Your chances are slim. ***See Edit Below***

As I said earlier, if you don't get tracking after a couple of days, you're most likely not going to get your frame. It can take weeks for them to tell you whether it's actually drop shipping or they're cancelling the order.

I'm not trying to be a killjoy here, just giving you my experience, so expectations can be tempered. To those who haven't had any Nashbar issues, Keep ordering. I do. BUT the laws of probability will catch up to you.

***Edit Note*** 7/2712 My above earlier opinion has changed. From personal experience, I thought that any frame drop shipping was not in stock and was unlikely to actually be delivered . With new info in later posts, My opinion now is that most if not all of the sale frames were planned to be drop shipped. At this point, I'm still skeptical that all frames will be delivered.
    Last edited by chanorama; 07-29-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: New information changed my opinion

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    its been 11 days, still no frame called them today.
    they say they will check if the warehouse shipped it.
    i know by monday, and yes they sent me a cofirmation
    email, but no tracking#. so im FK.
    so dissapointed

mtbr member

Who has gotten their frame, and what was your experience?

I'd like the people who have actually received their frames to speak up and tell us how long it took after you were notified (or not) of shipping. I'm curious if most of these frames are being drop shipped as opposed to direct shipped from the Nashbar warehouses, and how long the actual process is taking.

Is anyone that's been told of a drop ship (or told it was shipped with no tracking) actually getting a frame? If you did get your frame what was the approximate period of time from ordering to receiving it?

If people are actually getting frames, then the prices might be worth the wait, but if most of the "dropped shipped" frames are actually "dropped orders" Then it's all a GiAnT MiNd F***.

So to those out there who got a frame after it was "drop shipped" (if there are any) Lend a hand to those who tried or are trying to get a frame, Please help your brother and sister bikers while they're stranded in 'NaShBaR FrAmE SaLe LiMbO" (he said with a deep echoing voice)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I ordered the Transeo Disk frame on Friday. Got confirmation email and waiting for tracking #.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muxherdlr View Post
    I ordered the Transeo Disk frame on Friday. Got confirmation email and waiting for tracking #.
    Thanks for posting. I'm curious what it says in your order status @ Nashbar.

In the Item detail, does it say "charges below reflect merchandise shipped", or something like that?

In that same box, under the item description, does it say "in stock" or "item currently unavailable"?

If it still says "in stock" you probably have less worries. If you don't get tracking very soon, I suspect that most all of these frames are being drop shipped from a wholesaler, or GT, or whoever actually manufactures the frames for GT.

If Nashbar's plan is for all or most of the frames to be drop shipped, the chance of getting a frame is better, but the time frame will still s**k major. Also when stuff gets drop shipped, the retailer (Nashbar in this case) usually has very little info for the customer. They know not much more than us about the frames status.

Unless people start telling me differently, (that they got a frame & how long it took) I theorize that most frame buyers are going to have to wait the better part of a month before they either get a frame or get cancelled/refunded. NO Fun...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Email says:"following items will be shipped seperately"

Braugh Bro.
    Well it appears I misunderstood my tracking info, all of the order except for the frame arrived yesterday. I called nashbar up like "what's the dealio?" And the lady assured me that it shipped out from "our warehouse" on tuesday, and I should expect to receive it in 7-10 business days from the ship date. She did not know what method of shipment was used (Ups, FedEx, DHL) but, she was pretty adamant that it DID ship out. so we will see. We will see if patience and optimism prevails and is rewarded.

Right now everything on the website says it has shipped, just no tracking info. I remember when I got my ruckus frame last year, the frame did ship separately, and took 3 or 4 days longer than the rest of my shipment

Edit: Was able to look back at last years purchase tracking info, and the frame i ordered then shipped from an entirely different place. Shipped from Champaign, IL, while all the other nashbar orders shipped from North Jackson, OH. So it is likely that they are not shipping from nashbar themselves, they just didnt bother with tracking info this time around.
    Last edited by Buggyr333; 07-29-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast