Thread: My old Tequesta

Nice day for a ride.....

My old Tequesta

It seems that my collection of GT's is always growing and I recently picked up an old GT Tequesta. Found it on a local classifieds page for $40. I was surprised how good of condition it is in, near mint, it also had the original tires on it still. I did some adjusting and replaced the tires with some old Panaracers (original tires were dry rotted), replaced the bottom bracket with a new square taper bb thats been in my parts bin for the last 6 years, and replaced the seat. Decent ride for $40.

I'm having trouble figuring out what year the bike is though..... I'd have to guess early 90's maybe late 80's? Any help on the year would be great.

Its Shimano LX shifters and derailleurs, Exage brakes and hubs (U-brake on the back, canti on the front), Ritchey rims, LX biopace cranks, GT branded stem, bar, post.

Some pics.....

2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    That bike has some really similar components as my Karakoram. Mine is an 89. I thnk soon after mine was built they changed to a different style stem.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Yours is a '92.
    Looks like someone swapped the cranks, but otherwise it looks OE.

Nice day for a ride.....
    Thanks for the info guys.

What would the OEM cranks be for a 92? Right now it has Shimano LX biopace cranks.
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RatchAttack
    Thanks for the info guys.

What would the OEM cranks be for a 92? Right now it has Shimano LX biopace cranks.
    According to the catalog it would have been Shimano 400LX Biopace Chainrings 48/38/28
    In the catalog pic they are silver, not black.

btw, that paint job is called "Daktari Black"

Nice day for a ride.....
    Quote Originally Posted by GT_guy
    According to the catalog it would have been Shimano 400LX Biopace Chainrings 48/38/28
    In the catalog pic they are silver, not black.

btw, that paint job is called "Daktari Black"
    Ah, funny thing is that I have a set of sliver Shimano 400LX Biopace cranks in my parts bin that came off an old Diamond back. I must have had those sitting around for almost 10 years. Maybe I'll swap them onto the Tequesta.

Thanks for your help!
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike