mtbr member
    Apr 2012

My 2010 GT Force 3.0 has a rear suspension creaking noise

when I stand up on the pedals and pedal hard side to side or even when i'm seated on the bike and pedal hard. The bike is in near perfect condition with minimal use. I bought it off Craigslist. Do certain spots need to be greased more than others? I will tighten up the bolts tomorrow, but I don't know how much to tighten or if anything is even loose really since it's basically brand new.

mtbr member
    I had a creaking as well, i thought it was the pivot point/idrive...but was a loose pedal, might want to check there

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I just greased the rear shock pivots and the flex bone and that did not help. I will look into the pedals.

Besides the pedals...it seems like the noise could be from the other 2 major pivot joints that require a special tool to remove. May take it into the bike shop to get checked out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    After searching around some more it seems like the idrive system pivot point (drop outs?) need to be regreased. How much would a shop charge for something like this?

Chamois Dropper
    In the Gt Sanction and Force reference thread, someone posted a great tutorial with photos on how to clean and grease the suspension pivots. It is somewhere in about the middle of the thread, maybe someone knows how to post a link directly to the post.
    GT Sanction and Force reference thread
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Appreciate that link. So today after work, I took the drop outs off and greased them up and tightened and yea buddddddyyyy!!!! No more squeaks.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I have a 2012 Force 3.0, it was awesome for a while until the creaking started to drive me nuts. I was obsessed with finding it. Turned out to be the dropouts, easy to fix, remove, clean, grease, and put em back. No more creaks!

ride more
    Mar 2007
    good info in this thread! Thanks...