mtbr member
    Sep 2010

My 2009 GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc

got this about six months ago to get into mountain biking, and so far i love it, right now ive put on it

wellgo m3 clipless pedals
    Panaracer Fire XC Pro Special Edition Tires
    Selle Success Carbon Fiber Kevlar Saddle
    Shimano Deore Front Derailleur

next upgrades are carbon fiber handlebar, a nice stem, and new grips

mtbr member
    cool!

i just got this, this month.... loving it

2010 GT Avalanche Expert

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nauc
    cool!

i just got this, this month.... loving it

GT's in black rock. I've got a Sanction 1 in black too - wouldn't have any other color. Both yours and crappycivic's rides look great! (But nauc, gotta rag on ya a little , is that a dork disc hidin' out back there or just a trick in the lighting fooling the eye?) Just kidding, keep loving your rig and ride hard!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I really dig on that grey/black. Nice parts matching too. Nice bikes, both of you. As Roxnroots said, GTs look great in black. I have two GTs in black: a Sanction 1 and a 2000 XCR 3000.
    Quote Originally Posted by forkboy
    And don't be scared to walk. Walking is one of the mystical 3 gears of Single Speed.

Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJr
    I really dig on that grey/black. Nice parts matching too. Nice bikes, both of you. As Roxnroots said, GTs look great in black. I have two GTs in black: a Sanction 1 and a 2000 XCR 3000.
    How's your Sanction been riding, LilJr?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Its still amazing. Taking it to Brown County State Park tomorrow for a ride. I am also taking my idrive so a buddy can use it while his frame is being warrantied, but I mounted the Wolverines to the idrive. I'll tell you how they ride.

Edit: XCR, iDrive...same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by forkboy
    And don't be scared to walk. Walking is one of the mystical 3 gears of Single Speed.

Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by roxnroots
    GT's in black rock. I've got a Sanction 1 in black too - wouldn't have any other color. Both yours and crappycivic's rides look great! (But nauc, gotta rag on ya a little , is that a dork disc hidin' out back there or just a trick in the lighting fooling the eye?) Just kidding, keep loving your rig and ride hard!
    yah, its a DD. i guess i should have taken it off by now... hmmm
    2010 GT Avalanche Expert

XC racer, Trail builder
    Sep 2010
    I have an 07' Avalanche in Matte Black and it looks phenomenal! I really like that Expert. That's a sharp bike. GT's do look the best in black!

My take on Dork Disks: If you fall on your drive side and bend your derailer hanger... even slightly, it can force that chain outside the lowest gear and into the wheel when you shift down to it. This will cause your tire to lock up at a probably very inconvenient time (lowest gear is usually for climbing a steep hill) and most likely damage your spokes. They don't look that bad, they don't affect performance, and they could save my ass on a hill or my wallet if the chain is thrown into the spokes. I'm keeping mine on. I won't be putting one on my new build, but my existing bike will keep it until it breaks.