mtbr member

Mongoose Rockadile SX 95-97

My first real mountain bike was a 96 Mongoose Rockadile SX. I was 15 and saved my paychecks from the pizza place for a couple months to get it. I even saved a bit more so I could replace the crappy DuoTrack fork with a Rock Shox Q21R. For some crazy reason, I sold the bike to put some rims on my car when I turned 16. I've missed that bike ever since. I'm not sure why, maybe because it was a small chunk of my younger years. I'd like to find another one in good shape but can't find any that are in good shape still. Anybody have a line on a 17" in blue? It's a long shot but I thought I'd ask.

mtbr member
    ...wishful thinking

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I have a silver Rockadile 94-95 with an indestrustable Qudra 5 shock.Bike is in great shape plus I up graded parts from other bikes. Bought my wife a Mongoose Hilltopper with the Qudra 21R. The shock elastomers died and I can't find any replacements. It's still a great little bike, if anyone knows where to get suitable elastomers for it please respond.

mtbr member
    I think it might be time to replace the forks. It would be more trouble than it's worth to get either of them rebuilt. Thanks for bumping this. Maybe someone will have what I seek A couple months ago I almost picked up a 96-97 IBOC Comp frame that looked practically new. The guy refused to take it to a bike shop and ship it though. He pulled it off Craigslist a few days later. I guess he figured out that nobody was going to buy the thing locally. I would've gladly given him the $150 he wanted for it