Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Missing Golden Bike

I am sorry to post this as a Thread and there will be no more posts here unless the bike is recovered. GT has lost a Golden Bike in shipping and they suspect a rat. There is a $3000 reward for its safe return. This is not clever marketing ploy in case anyone is wondering. Please be on the lookout and thanks for your help. The attached article is from Bike Radar.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I don't see why you would steal it. It's not like you can go and ride the darn thing. Everyone knows what that bike is. There are some ignorant people out there. I hope it gets returned soon. I'll keep an eye out for it here in Oklahoma. One of your precious rednecks may be thinking of melting it down and selling the gold. LOL.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    When did this happen? We where at Rays last week for the GT demo and they had one on display. It is an awesome looking bike, they also had a Fury hanging up on the wall. I have some pics I can post??

Ride Good or Eat Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by gt jorgito
    I don't see why you would steal it. It's not like you can go and ride the darn thing. Everyone knows what that bike is. There are some ignorant people out there.
    I reckon whoever stole it had no idea, just thought it was another fancy bike they could hock.!! They will be in for a surprise.

Then again if it was shipped by air, perhaps it ended up at Mumbai.... with my luggage!!
    "Though my life is changing fast,
    My roots are planted in the past,
    Who I am, is who I want to be
    "

Sneaker man
    oh that sucks badly

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Here's your suspect.

Seriously though, this blows.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Hmmm? very peculiar

Was the Golden bike out of California perhaps. Very interesting post in cali. Craigslist. $10,000 bike being sold for $600.00? This raises an eyebrow.

email this posting to a friend orange county craigslist > bicycles
    please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
    GT MOUNTAIN BIK PAID 10,000 - $600 (ORANG COUNTY COSTA MESA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: sale-jz6xc-1090319701@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-03-24, 2:35PM PDT

THIS IS A SPECIAL BIKE TOTAL COST WAS $10,000 SELLING $600OBO FOR MORE INFO CALL MAX 949 374 9392

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 1090319701

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2009 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

Rudy Project Eyewear
    Bingo........?

mtbr member
    Good luck selling that thing except to the gangs with the blingy gold low-riders in East LA.

Just my opinion...... but that thing is ugly. If I won that bike I'd hock it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    .... but that thing is ugly. If I won that bike I'd hock it.

You are nuts man! Just look how shiney it is!!!!

Besides the Golden bikes remain property of GT so ya can't sell 'em.... all that means to me is i'll have one!

So i'm guessin' they still haven't caught the fool who took it?
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

mtbr member
    the Alamo....in the basement!

smell my finger
    There is no basement in the Alamo! (laughter)

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    Good luck selling that thing except to the gangs with the blingy gold low-riders in East LA.

Just my opinion...... but that thing is ugly. If I won that bike I'd hock it.
    come on krob, if you rode it on your local trails the locals would say theres gold in them thar hills

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

mtbr member
    that's pretty fun.
    i would guess he just had a Mach one pro or something.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I'm sure it is legitimate, and I must say I was rather distasteful to post that. I regret my action. I had 2 bikes stolen before and although they were both POS department store bikes, I was davestated. I was wondering if folks at GT had any luck to this date. I do hope everyone finds their bikes.

YESBRO!!!
    who cares anyway. it's was a totally sexist promotion anyway and GT should be embarrassed by it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I kind of find your sexist remark a little off. GT has done amazing things to promote Jill Kintner's talent and in no way do I agree with you. You also have to realize that marketing to the masses brings better results. Understand that (unfortunately) the male to female mountain biker ratio is way higher on the male side. If you are selling ladders, do you cater to the 7 foot tall people? Don't get me wrong I think all bike manufacturers should put more emphasis into the female rider but for you to call GT a sexist company is totally uncalled for and unnecessarily feminist. That comment makes you sound like a cry baby which, you being a mountain bike racer (and most likely faster than me), I am positively sure you aren't.

mtbr member
    I think she's talking specifically about the "Gold Diggers." The golden bike program didn't have to use scantily clad models, and would have been just as successful.

i call it a kaiser blade
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nato_the_greato
    I think she's talking specifically about the "Gold Diggers." The golden bike program didn't have to use scantily clad models, and would have been just as successful.
    marzocchi has used half naked models who essentially do everything but titwank their forks and no one seems to ever care.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    On another note: Yes, I know the gold diggers are female cheerleading ladies, but I bet my whole monthly salary ($20.00) that they would be so proud to be cheering for an a$$ kicking woman instead of the tipical skinny carbo loading male racer. I bet they would cheer louder for a girl than they would a guy. There are two girls where I race that can ride circles around me. Ok maybe more, but two that I know of. One is an Exterra racer and the other is a mountain biker I am proud that they can kick my butt cuz they put so much more into it than I do. If they were rich, I would be their gold diggin' cheerleader. LOL. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't look good in a cheering outfit though.

GT Dirt Coalition
    We are having the next GB race here in Texas. One of our female expert racers wants to compete for it.

She wins, I'm her first male cheerleader. I'll even wear the outfit.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Hey Datenschwans, I don't mean to upset or insult you. If I did, I apologize. Yes Nato you are right they could have gone another way with it. I think the Demo bus is gonna draw some unnecessary negative attention. I think Datenschwans should go and kick this skinny guy's butt and take the golden bike. Maybe they do have gold diggin dudes for those female racers and we just don't know. Daten, if you win the bike, I'll send you a video cheering for you. I'm sure you won't wanna see it but I would cheer for you, cuz you kick butt on a mountain bike. Just racing a mountain bike gets my respect.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I'm from Oklahoma City but I'm training in Wisconsin and I really wanted to go and check out the Big Ring Challenge. that really sucks since I wanted to do a couple of demo rides and check out the golden bike. If she does win, make sure you post pics of you wearing that outfit. That would be so funny. She has my cheers for that race. I hope she gets it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The latest issue of Mountain Bike magazine says the "missing" golden bike turned up before Sea Otter. Just wondering why I hadn't seen mention of that here.
    Was it really missing or was this a marketing idea one of the interns came up with after too many Red Bull's?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast