mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Looking for GT customer service contact info

I have a problem with my 2008 GT Marathon Pro that I have tried to get resolved at the Performance I bought it from with no satisfaction. I would like to contact GT (by phone) and try and have the issue resolved. Does anyone have the phone number for a customer service rep that is competent enough to take care of an issue with a bike? (I already have the e-mail address)

What could go wrong ...
    try GT Bicycles Customer Service Department at (800) RIDE A GT (800-743-3248)
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member
    May 2008
    If that number doesn't work try here.

4902 Hammersley Rd
    Madison, WI , 53711-2614
    Phone: 608-268-2468
    FAX: 608-268-2466
    I

May the Force be with you

Whats wrong with the bike

Quote Originally Posted by jmsracer
    I have a problem with my 2008 GT Marathon Pro that I have tried to get resolved at the Performance I bought it from with no satisfaction. I would like to contact GT (by phone) and try and have the issue resolved. Does anyone have the phone number for a customer service rep that is competent enough to take care of an issue with a bike? (I already have the e-mail address)

What is wrong?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Frame issue

The rear swing arm is offset to one side at the seat stay (Not by design) The problem is that the rear brake line is pinched between the two parts and rubbing the carbon off layer by layer. I have patiently tried to get performance to resolve the issue for almost 3 months but due to the incompetance of the store manager I have to resolve it on my own with GT.
    I know, I know, just put the brake line on the outside of the swingarm. I'm not going to do that because it is not how the bike was designed. I have seen other frames exactly the same as mine with equal distance between the seat stay and the swing arm, so I know it isn't "in" the design. I have ridden the wheels off this bike since May 1st and absolutely love it otherwise. I have only ever owned GT bikes and would like to remain loyal to the brand but they need to make this right. Performance wasn't capable (read..not interested) so hopefully GT is. I have to find a time when I am willing to give up the bike for an extended period of time so I can ship it back. It goes without saying performance won't ever get another nickel out of me and I have never been one to bash bike shops (but I do now)