mtbr member
    Feb 2012

A little help please on my used GT

I haven't been on a bike in a decade, but I just turned 30 and I figured its high time I get some exercise that I can really ENJOY. I bought this bike off of Craigslist for $75 after giving it a spin. I figured ANY GT was better than Walmart junk, or even dropping$500 for a new bike when I'm just getting back to it. I have not been able to identify the model or year it was produced after pouring over the net for a week. I didn't even know what a "triple-triangle" was until I started research and realized my GT lacked it. Was I duped? Is it a gen-u-wine POS or did I end up with a decent bike to start back on the road to sore-butt with? ANY help would be much appreciated
    Serial# is D60105996

Thanks guys!

REALLY?
    I dont know what that is, its not a G.T.

Post this photo over in the VRC vintage, retro, classic forum, they can probably ID it for you.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Not to be a bearer of bad news but that also doesn't look like a Rock Shox fork to me but instead an older oem RST or clone common on dept store bikes of the era.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Not a GT but it's a decent bike for $75. Ride it until it breaks and then save up for a newer real GT.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Now...who would want to pretend to have a Quadra 5 or 10? The real thing was bad enough!

Agreed with the other posters....try to get a few hundred miles out of it, then move up! Any "real" bike for $75 is not bad.

Braugh Bro.
    Thats the second time I have heard of someone mislabeling a non triple triangle frame as a GT. Kind of annoying that people will dupe others like that. At least he didn't really rip you off, just deceived. 75$ does seem like a fair price if it's in working order.