mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Koldsimer's new GT Force

Seeing Hans' new GT Force inspired me to post up some pics of my own. While it isn't carbon fiber this and that and it doesn't weigh less than thirty lbs, I almost have the bike of my dreams!

Upgrades to stock:

'09 Fox Vanilla R
    King Headset
    Loco Wheelset
    BB7's 203F/160R
    Race Face Bash
    Blackburn Stinger
    Nevegal 2.35 sticky F/R
    Avid SD7 levers
    Oury grips

I still have a few things planned for the bike. I want to put the new mid-cage shadow out back but I can't bring myself to replace a derailleur that works perfect... gotta work on wearing that thing out! Needs a front XT also...same deal though.

Sorry the pics aren't any better. Let me know what you think!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by koldsimer1; 08-07-2008 at 11:01 PM.

May the Force be with you
    I really like the color of that bike. The finish on it is really sweet.
    What year is that bike?
    I have the 1.0 and love the bike.

Nice bike congrats on the new bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    It's a 2008. The color is interesting... I would call it extremely dark brown, almost black. One guy already asked me if it was carbon fiber. I laughed and told him to pick it up.

I was told that the color was only available through Performance but who knows. Anybody know anything about this?

mtbr member
    Wow sweet bike! I have a 2008 Force 3 and when I was shopping for bikes I didn't see any GT Force bikes in that color. Force 1 was blue, Force 2 was white and Force 3 was grey. Your bike also has a shine to it and all the Force bikes I looked at were matte. I love the matte look, but I'm also digging the shine on your bike too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    yah i think it was only from performance cause at work the 3.0 are a dull grey color

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SoMo Addict
    Wow sweet bike! I have a 2008 Force 3 and when I was shopping for bikes I didn't see any GT Force bikes in that color. Force 1 was blue, Force 2 was white and Force 3 was grey. Your bike also has a shine to it and all the Force bikes I looked at were matte. I love the matte look, but I'm also digging the shine on your bike too.
    Thanks man! That shine was impressive from the factory but I did a bit of detailing when I first got it. Like dissasembling the swingarm to properly clean it. You wouldn't believe how well Collinite 845 works for bikes. Lasts almost a year and makes clean up so much easier. Also, the 845 has an extremely durable finish. I would even say it helps provide some degree of paint protection.

Where did you get your bike at?