mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Kinda' quiet around here...

Wazzup with that? I figured w/ the recent GT signings (talk about a coupla' lucky kids!) and the latest Atherton video out that this place would be all abuzz... not so much?

C'mon, it's our redemption - all of us who've been enduring the WalMart bike jokes for the last dozen years get to be smug, now that the rest of the world is finding out what we KNEW! So maybe we endured a cracked frame or two along the way too... we stuck it out, and now we may rejoice!

Honestly, I'm already seeing the downside - resale prices of GT's is creeping up I've noticed. For a long time it's been fairly easy to score a screamin' deal on new frames that have been stripped for parts; now, not so much. Oh well, bad with good, right?

In case you haven't seen, check this one out on Apple TV - unreal:

Video: Four by Three - The Family Film - Pinkbike

Sneaker man
    I want them to get some top guys for XC instead of spending all the cash on the DH side
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue
    2012 Cannondale Synapse 3 Carbon
    1996 GT Xizang
    2012 Cervelo R3

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    When they can pry their lips off the Athertons nether regions and make a GT/UK vid,wake me up

Ive been begging GT to sell me things for three plus years.They will not do it.It's worse now than ever.
    Come on get happy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Hi GT Riders

Pls help were to buy, order online this GT Force Pivot
    Attached Images Attached Images  

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    Ask this guy.Tell him what year your bike is.
    GT Bicycles Fan Club | Facebook

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I got 2 2009 GT Marathon frames. I didn't realize about the flexbone (dogbone) problems with the frames.
    Anybody know where to get these? From what I have learned, they will eventually snap and need replacing. That's kind of depressing to hear...I was really looking forward to having the frames for a long time. Now I feel like I'm gonna be riding on a time-bomb.
    i have more than you.
    ...because i have me and you.

zarr

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I am dissapointed with GT's customer service,love the bike.I have written gt twice now and after 2 months realized I am not going to get a reply

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Yup. I got my dog bone from my dealer. That reminds me I gotta get a spare one.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I want a 2013 Zaskar 100 9er Team but the price is astronomical for me.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

blog hogs
    Feb 2010
    Sooooo,anybody know what fantasy land la la bikes GT are going to make one or two of,take a million pictures of,and splatter all over the net to get the hype train rolling for 2013?

Sneaker man
    well there is the edge ti... but they been doing that already...

maybe a pyclone...but with hydoformed tubing in a 27.5 and no triple triangle... that'd make me sad
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue
    2012 Cannondale Synapse 3 Carbon
    1996 GT Xizang
    2012 Cervelo R3

mtbr member
    2014 will be exciting on the GT front, new Force Carbon and new Sensor Carbon, with 27.5 wheel option. Over here in the Benelux CS is super, know a couple of guys who have had new frames without asking questions.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Oh oh oh me me me!! (Frantically raising his hand). The Kashmir. The one with the modular dropouts. Some internet pics....and then nothing. I would have bought that one.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Yup...without a strong line of 27.5 options, GT will be a quiet brand for 13'.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx1 View Post
    2014 will be exciting on the GT front, new Force Carbon and new Sensor Carbon, with 27.5 wheel option. Over here in the Benelux CS is super, know a couple of guys who have had new frames without asking questions.
    Is there anything new for the force c that you are aware of, aside from the 27.5 option?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngt View Post
    Is there anything new for the force c that you are aware of, aside from the 27.5 option?
    I'm not sure if the 27.5 option will be for the Force but it will be for the Sensor Carbon. Possibly a mid-season release, both for Force and Sensor.

mtbr member
    Sign of the times, Let's not hope the "end times". The last original "GT Guy" on board at the Cycling Sports Group none other than "GT Brand General Manager" himself Mark Peterman is now head of Asian sourcing for the Cycling Sports Group. Mark went way back to the early 90's as one of GT's original dealer reps in Colorado, then became a product manager on the Product development team, then replaced Bill Duehring after his departure and really was the last surviving link to where GT had been and come from as a bike company.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx1 View Post
    Hmm... good scoop dude!

What else you got??? Ve have vays of making you talk...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric. View Post
    Hmm... good scoop dude!

What else you got??? Ve have vays of making you talk...
    Haven't seen the guys for a while. Too much work. But I'll ask next time I see them.