mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Just ordered my Sanction 1.0

My Mongoose Teocali Super was stolen last week and I went right out and ordered a Sanction. I had been looking for a reason to sell both the Super and my 05 Stinky and put them into one bike and I guess this was it. So the Stinky is up for sale (I love that bike but it belongs in Whistler, not Orange County) and hopefully my insurance will come through.

So, I'm already busting out the ideas on how to lighten her up a bit. I was thinking of swapping out the crankset for the XT but I do like the Saint Cranks. I'll have to put on on a 34T front though...that 32T is tiny! Also, I'm definitely going Tubeless after my experience with goat's heads here in Southern Cal and how well they worked on my Super.

I was also thinking of a carbon seatpost and bars (monkeylight or ritchey riser bars) like I had on the Mongoose. Never had a problem with them.

Any other ideas? I had a hard time finding how much the DT-Swiss Wheels weigh so it's hard to compare right now.

Any info would be appreciated. I'll most likely ride it a bit so I have some comparisons for the mods.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I have had my 1.0 for about a week now. Best bike I've ever had. I will be changing a few things though. It really feels that I am leaning to far forward on downhills so I will be changing to a 50mm stem, 1.5 inch riser and changing to a more Freeride/DH handle bar. Maybe a new crank as well or jimmy rig and add a 3rd. I ran out of gears during a DH run on tuesday night and I wanted to go way faster.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Yeah, sounds about right! That's what I'm going for as well. For a 6 inch bike think they wanted to to still climb pretty well and thus the low rise bars and stem. I'd be interested to know if it wanders a bit more on the climbs once you upgrade. What about a 34 tooth on the front?