mtbr member
    May 2009

Joining the Force...

Newbie here, just wanted to say thanks for all the great info and feedback on this GT forum. After buying an Avalanche 2.0 a couple of years ago to free ride around, I finally started to ride trails with some co-workers after work a couple of months ago. I've been hooked ever since and decided to start looking for an AM bike. After bouncing back and forth between the Stumpjumper Comp and Force 2.0, I went with the Force 2.0 Platinum Edition from Performance Bike. They had a one day 20% sale on Sunday which was online/phone only. I got the bike which was already on sale for $1799 (MSRP $2499) down to $1483. Looking back to when I was kid, I had nothing but GT's. Guess I figured it would be cool to stay loyal to the brand which has provided so many great memories. I'm super pumped and can't wait for it to come in. Anyways, thought I chime in, carry on..

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thats awesome man!!

Welcome to the Force! You are seriously gonna love this bike!

Thats an incredible deal you got too! I'm not familiar with the Platinum Edition though. How does it differ to the regular 2.0?
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Eatyapeas
    Thats awesome man!!

Welcome to the Force! You are seriously gonna love this bike!

Thats an incredible deal you got too! I'm not familiar with the Platinum Edition though. How does it differ to the regular 2.0?
    Thanks! The Platinum has SRAM X.9 and Rock Shox Revelation fork. Not sure what the other differences are.

Now I need to figure out what size shock I need to replace the Fox R with a RP23.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Nice! I guess that means mine is also a platinum!

Here in Oz we only got the SRAM version and there was very little to go round.

I ordered mine about three or four days after they arrived in Australia. When i called it through there was only two left a medium and a large. Mine showed up at the shop the next day, the boss pulled it outta the box and liked it so he went to order the medium and it was gone.

I was pretty lucky there. The demo's of the Force 2.0 that we saw back in November were the US version and from memory it is only the X9 and revelation that's differant. I woulda swaped to X9 anyway but didn't have to! I'm very much a Fox Forx man but the Revalation has been.... well..... a revalation! Very light, very stiff, and performs like a legend. Totally changed my view on Rock Shox overnight!

Anyway, i'll stop rambling about how much i love this bike. I haven't got it with me today but if no-one posts up the shock length i'll put it up tomorrow.

Hope it comes in soon mate!!!
    I'm Ron Burgundy?