mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Hope I have 2005 IDXC 2.0 med, want GTw Marathone 2.0 XS frame

I have 2005 IDXC 2.0, less then 300 mile, fearly new, but it is too big for me...
    I want part out and rebuild GTw XS marathon 2.0. or may be swap with XS Full suspansion MTB.
    Does any one know where can I get the Frame for GTw Marathon 2.0 XS frame?
    TIA

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Best bet would be your local GT dealer. Good luck TIA.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks a lot for reply.
    I have check with GT, they do nat sell frameset, although I check with the dealer, they will charge me for the bike, and srtip cost.....
    I almost giveup, I am going to get the any small or XS frame and rebuild from the old bike....

Thanks..

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    That's kinda messed up. Sometimes I wonder if shops are really there to help you. I understand they need to make money but if you are gonna buy a pretty decent frame or bike and want something done to it which may take a good mechanic less than an hour you shouldn't be charged. You may even come back and be a lifetime shopper spending thousands of dollars over a few years. Oh well. I'm no bike mechanic but I can strip a frame and refit the stuff to another in about an hour. Sorry to hear GT won't do that for you. That's how riders end up going to another brand and never look back. You should buy a frame from another manufacturer if GT won't take care of you. I'd hook you up and do the part stripping if you were in Oklahoma City. Anything to keep you a GT fan. Sorry to hear they won't help you out.

J.V.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I agree, feel bad that I can not do the things I want, GT may not just sell frameset due to their profit, but I was willing to pay retail price, but what can I do, nothing I can do unless I spend 1500.00 again, I am not against GT, I still like their name, and I-drive. I change GT IDXC 2.0 to "Marin Rocky Ridge Alloy XC Mtn Bike Frame New Small 13" , price was good from ebay.