mtbr member
    Mar 2008

I Have It...08 Sanction 1.0 ! ! !

Well Gents, I finally have it. I picked it up today while I was at lunch. 2008 GT Sanction 1.0 in Small.

I was really hesitant on the small before I rode it(I'm 5'8) but when I rode it and sat on it, it was so nice, really balanced and it felt really good. I think a medium would have been too big. Anyways, I will be riding tomorow morning for the first time with this bad girl!!!! I am in love!!!!

mtbr member
    The medium is a big bike, my friend has one. It's a great bike. Congrats on the purchase!
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Im 5'9" and 140lbs... should i go small then?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    YES, go small 100%. The medium is gigantic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by iNviCtUs
    YES, go small 100%. The medium is gigantic.

Right on, what about the "force" frame... same thing or different sizing?

im still at a toss up

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I don't know about all that...I'm 5'11" to 6' and would take a large. Another guy my same height loves his medium though. It's a very similar geometry and feel to other GT's, so hop on some I-drives or something to get a feel for the sizing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Definately ride them and see what feels good for you. I have always been medium on my mountain bikes, but for the sanction the medium just feels too big. I mean it feel ok, but it does not feel as natural as the small. I rode the force as well and rode a medium, seemed ok. If you cant make up your mind, go for the Sanction 1.0, save yourself the heartache and buyers remorse. you will not regret it. I bought mine for $2430 at Performance Bike last weekend. Technically its still "bike month" today lol. the price went back up to $3200. Try and get them to get it as low as possible, they will deal(if your spending that much money). Plus if you buy at performance bike, you can get the membership card for free and you get 10% of whatever you purchase, in store credit back to you. I support my local bike shop but they could not match PB's price.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    alright, ill definitely check out the sizing and take them for a test ride.

the sanction was 1700, it may not have been the 1.0 but Im not sure to be honest

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    That pricing seems about right for the 3.0, besides the killer deal I got it for, I was not able to find the 1.0 anywhere for less than $3100. get the 1.0!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    so 1.0 is better than the 3.0? is there a link i could see a comparison on all the forces and sanctions? The GT site didnt seem to be updated for 08'

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Micknwop
    so 1.0 is better than the 3.0? is there a link i could see a comparison on all the forces and sanctions? The GT site didnt seem to be updated for 08'
    uhh...it's been updated for a long time now. Gtbikes.com look under AM FS

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I.... have apparently been looking at the wrong site...

yea, Im a tard. thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    lol :-), yes the Sanction 1.0 is the best "all mountain" full suspension they have. in fact, the 1.0 of whatever line of bikes is the best of that line.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I screwed up and picked up a large- You guys are right! These frames are certainly on the large side of the scale. Ah well, lowering the seat as we speak.
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    damn, thats too bad. I usually ride all mediums but the medium sanction is too big. small fit me perfect.

mtbr member
    I'm in Australia, and only the Force is available here. No mention of the Sanction....yet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by iNviCtUs
    Well Gents, I finally have it. I picked it up today while I was at lunch. 2008 GT Sanction 1.0 in Small.

I was really hesitant on the small before I rode it(I'm 5'8) but when I rode it and sat on it, it was so nice, really balanced and it felt really good. I think a medium would have been too big. Anyways, I will be riding tomorow morning for the first time with this bad girl!!!! I am in love!!!!
    Do you have pictures of your bike?
    Would also be fine to see you sitting on your bike, to see how it fits.

The background is that I am 5'8 too (172cm) and I am thinking about buying a sanction or a force.