mtbr member

How would you spend $500 on a stock Avalanche 3.0?

I got a sweet deal on a like new Avalanche 3.0 ($150) from Craigslist. I think it's a 2008 but I'm not 100% sure. Anyway...I also received a $500 gift card for JensonUSA.com for my birthday. I'm trying to decide what to spend it on.

If you were in my shoes how would you spend the $500?

Here are a few pics of the bike. Can anyone verify what year this bike was made, 2007 or 2008?

Training wheels ON
    Jan 2009
    If there's nothing wrong with the bike, I would say wait until something breaks. Then replace that.

mtbr member
    If you got a sweat deal...I'd resell it and add the 500 to what you get and buy UP....try to find a remaining 08 in something your size.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126
    If you got a sweat deal...I'd resell it and add the 500 to what you get and buy UP....try to find a remaining 08 in something your size.
    That was my thought at first too...but it's a gift card not cash.

mtbr member
    doesn't jensonusa sell bikes too? $500 could buy you most of an I-Drive, with only a little extra cash

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nato_the_greato
    doesn't jensonusa sell bikes too? $500 could buy you most of an I-Drive, with only a little extra cash

Actually I have thought about buying another bike but I'd probably go with a 2007 Peace SS 26 Inch. It's only $435 @ Jensonusa. I'm very interested in single speed bikes.

mtbr member
    The Peace is a lot better bike than what you have, even though it's single and rigid.
    I might swap out the forks on the two, and use the Avalanche for a commuter and the Peace as a proper mountain bike. Or spend a little more and get a nicer susp fork for the Peace. They have some good deals on Manitou forks, but they're all through-axle. Sometimes you can find through-axle wheels for cheap, though.