mtbr member
    Sep 2008

How much can a the GT Force frame handle?

Hey guys I was wondering what kind of trails you guys are riding. Are you guys throwing any drops, jumps, or hucks at your Force. I ride a 3.0 with the only upgrade being a Vanilla RL and ride aggressive trail(007 by Bass Lake is my favorite so far) with a few 2-4 foot drops and jumps nothing big. The bike has held up really well and I'm just wondering if you guys are dropping anything bigger...

mtbr member
    I have an 08 Force 2.0 with a Marz AM 1 SL 160mm fork installed. The bike has been absolutely great so far. To answer your question for durability, I have ridden this set up on quite a few lift runs with some sizable gaps and drops up to 5-6ft (w/transitions) not a single issue yet. Biggest drop was to a flat landing in some guys driveway about 5ft. Might not be the higestt but it was a hard landing for sure making it my biggest on my GT. No issues and my Force is sub 30lb currently.

Dooosh!
    Are you taking your body weight into consideration? Someone weighing 175 dropping off a 3 footer compare to someone weighing 200 dropping off that same hit is going to put more hurt on the bike.

I myself weigh 230 and my 3.0 holds up great. I am an aggressive rider and have had no problems with this bike! Seems to be built tuff and I am super happy with it!!

mtbr member
    Bra, you deff have about 50lbs on me ( I'm 180 with gear). But some people do land a lot harder than others regardless of weight. All in all, this bike has surprised me with its durability vs. weight. My last broken frame was a DB Black diamond triple...it wasn't a much bigger drop that sent it to its grave....
    Last edited by poorboy006; 01-27-2009 at 06:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I'm 214 lb and hit 3 to 4ft drops with no problems yet. I have a buddy that has done 5 footers on a Gary Fisher Sugar but he is 160. I"m sure my Force 2 can handle it.