mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Help sizing 2007 i-Drive 5 1.0 ????

Hello. Need some help w/ sizing.

I'm looking at a new 18 model through a dealer (no other sizes available). Im 510 w/ a 32 inseam. Generally, I know from experience that I ride a LARGE w/ some manufacturers (like Specialized and Jamis to name a few). Or if a company makes a 17 and 19, I go with the 19.

Any advice on whether this might work for me?

Thanks in advance....

May the Force be with you
    I would go with the large. I have a large 08 force. I'm 5'8 w/ 31 inseam. The large might be a bit too big for me but I don't notice. I had a 05 IDXC in Med.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'm 6' with a 32" inseam. I ride a M force 3 and feel like it fits me great. The seat is just about the same height as the handle bars.

Off topic...I'll be heading back to chico in a week to start school again and will be in bidwell a lot...

May the Force be with you
    It will good to have another GT rider in chico. Everyone rides santa cruz or specialized.
    Let me know when you want to ride. I have a large but I would like to try a Med.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I'm 5'10 and ride a Medium Force 2.0. I'm like you and can go either M or L. I do prefer my bikes to fit me in the smallish side. that's why I went with a medium. I test rode an I-drive 1.0 before they were IDXC's and didn't quite like it as much as the medium. I also test rode my buddy's Jamis XLT in 19 and prefer it to be a 17. Hope this helps. Good luck with your purchase.