Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Help with rear shock swap

873 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  googas7070 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 sensor that I am going to replace the rear x-fusion shock soon. I have purchased a Fox 2013 CTD. I understand it has a plastic bushing/reducer system that is different from the x-fusion metal one. Does anyone have any idea what size plastic reducers I will need to make this a successful swap? I am thinking also of just taking out the plastic bushings and using the old style metal ones just to make life simpler. Any ideas? Thanks.

#2 ·
In this case, I'd say get new Fox bushings. Find the diameter of your bolt (probably 8mm, but worth checking) and the width of your shock brackets, and buy the appropriately sized bushings. This is one of those times, if you're not possitive what you need, worth it to get the bushings from your LBS.

#4 ·
Not to thread hijack but anyone encounter an issue removing the shock from the front triangle end? I got the small screw out but the longer female screw seems stuck in the bushing. Not sure what to do next, I spent about a half hour tapping it from the other end using a small screwdriver that fits inside the female threaded end in an effort to push it out but no luck. Any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.