mtbr member
    Sep 2008

GT Zaskar Pro/Elite 29'er Sizing......

I'm about to make the jump to a Zaskar 9'r Pro/Elite and would like to hear from those who purchased one of these models. I'm 5'9" and have an inseam of 28/29". My problem is I have a long torso and some SM/MED frames feel too small. Anyone have a similar problem and can give an opinion? Thanks, Ed
    Last edited by Sz20DF; 05-12-2009 at 06:15 AM.

mtbr member
    GTs tend to run a little bit big compared to some other brands. The MED frame should fit you pretty well. The only way to find out is to head down to PerfCo and try one out.
    Former bike mechanic; current idiot.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nato_the_greato
    GTs tend to run a little bit big compared to some other brands. The MED frame should fit you pretty well. The only way to find out is to head down to PerfCo and try one out.
    Thanks for the input on the frame size. I recognized your name from a previous post I placed on the GT Zaskar 9'r and you shared some thoughts on PerfCo pricing. My Local Perf Shop doesn't stock the new Zkar 29'r. But, late last night; right before my Perf Shop was closing the door, I jumped on a Zkar Pro 29'r one day deal. WOW $1563.99 plus another 10% on my Team Card. Too good to pass up! It was late but I think he said when it comes in if the MED is too small, he would order a LG. Again, thanks. Ed

mtbr member
    medium
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Hi, i'm 5'10 with about a 30inch inseam and ride a med, which I find perfect, stem is about a 85mm from memory, so if your longer in the torso you might adjust with a longer stem. I have ridden a large peace 9er which is very close to the Zaskar 29er in sizing and it was like riding a farm gate, very tall and way to long, even with a short stem. hope this helps in your decision.

noob
    Apr 2009
    I'm 6'6" and have an XL on order. I sat on a L in the store at it actually felt pretty good, but at my size I have to think I'm the XL target. We'll see when it arrives instore next week.

mtbr member
    I am 5"10 with 32" inseam. I have a Zaskar marathon, peace 9r, marathon 9r. All Medium. I would go Medium.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by no_worries
    I'm 6'6" and have an XL on order. I sat on a L in the store at it actually felt pretty good, but at my size I have to think I'm the XL target. We'll see when it arrives instore next week.
    Todd Wells was only 6'2" and he rode XL's....so yes you are definitely an XL. These are his 2007 aluminum frames and his 08 spare Beijing frame
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by leeunwin24hours
    I am 5"10 with 32" inseam. I have a Zaskar marathon, peace 9r, marathon 9r. All Medium. I would go Medium.
    for further reference, im 5,11 inseam 33 and i ride a medium, although its a 26incher not 29.
    [SIZE="1"]I'd rather be biking[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]18 gears of inexpensive pleasure!![/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Dont mean to highjack post but anybody have frame weight and is frame only avalible???
    Also anybody road a GF g2 29 er vs zascar 29er ???