mtbr member
    May 2008

GT Zaskar...help me out

I have the opportunity to buy a 2004 Zaskar for $900. It has been upgraded to disc (avid though) and practically all other components have been replaced (most for the better) as well. A worthwhile investment?

Thanks,

Jason

mtbr member
    Performance sells the Zaskar Expert for $899 every day with LX, RS Recon 351 and Avid rim brakes. Gt a 10% coupon and the price goes to $809 and they almost always have 10% coupons if you look. Wait for a 20% coupon and it's $720. Sign up for Team Performance and get 10% back and you save even more.

With the 2004 you get disc brakes. Does that make it worth more than a new one. It wouldn't make it worth it to me, butyou can decide. Take a look at Ebay and see what a 2004 goes for. I don't think evn the most desirable year Zaskars go for $900

mtbr member
    You commonly see complete Zaskar Team's (yellow and Blue) full XTR with SID's priced between a 1000 and 1400 depending upon the other components and wheels. I see those listings lasting a while but they must be selling.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Gt Zaskar

Not to be nosy but i found a 2004 Team Zaskar in arizona on craig's list for $750, but my real question is after careful research, i could only locate 1 year that gt made the Team Zaskar with the signature colors of yellow and blue and that was 2001, is this true or not i went from 1998-2006, if anyone knows of a medium team zaskar gt full bike for sale i have upto $2k i can spend thx

mtbr member
    The blue and yellow colors started on the Zaskar LE in 2000

Here's a link to a pic of mine;

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.ph.../ppuser/307776

mtbr member
    That one your looking at from Pheonix is currently stripped and listed as a frame only on eBay.
    As Sweeney said the blue and yellow Zaskar LE and Zaskar Team are 2000 model year. There were retailers and etailers selling them as 01-04's after the bankruptcy and after Pacific purchased them.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Gt Zaskar

Thx for the info, and by the way nice GT, exactly what i am looking for, so if you come across one in medium drop me a line, like i said price is not an issue

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Too bad you're looking for a medium. My buddy was thinking of selling his large GT Zaskar Team. It weighs around 21 lbs with a Rock shox Reba and hydro disc brakes. He's got all top sram stuff and bontrager tubeless race wheels. It's pretty sweet. He's more of a Jamis guy and he really doesn't use the GT as much as he used to.

mtbr member
    Thank you for the compliment. I got the frame , never used on Ebay this past December. You have to watch Ebay, and watch where the prices go. Right now there are two size large 2001 Zaskar Teams for sale. One is very rough, the other better. Just keep watching; once a week or every two weeks and be patient. Wait for the one you want. I watched for about four months.

Take a look at the 2001/2004 I-drive Team thread. The next to last post is my I-drive Team. I got the last new frame sold by Greenfish Sports. I've been pretty lucky with GT's.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

2000 gt zaskar le limited edition medium

hello I saw your posting

I have a 2000 gt zaskar le ping pong limited edition size medium

frame only only thing wrong is it does have a dent on the bottom down tube by the g, check out my pic on the post your gt links. make me a reasonable offer I might let it go

http://forums.mtbr.com/gt/post-your-gt-here-23743-20.html#post182032
    Andy

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    That's a nice frame. Personnally I would like to have one to match my I-drive Team. Mine's a 2001 with the silver and no ping pongs. I think the ping pong frames are cooler just cuz they were literally totally made and welded in California. Those ping pongs look pretty sweet. I'd get it if I were you bro. I may end up buying my buddy's large if all goes well.

mtbr member
    May 2008

My Zaskar

Hey thx for the reply, can you send a pic of the frame you have, or did you already for some reason i got like 100 pics of peoples collections of gt's, just a side note i am really set on a medium Team Zaskar frame or full bike, especially the one with the yellow and blue paint scheme. thx for your time