mtbr member
    Mar 2006

New question here. GT Zaskar 100 Pro - Dogbone screws/bolts?

Hi all, I have Zaskar 100 pro, 26er version, same as 29er version in regards to this part from what I can tell.

I lost one of the bolts and igus bushings from the dogbone while on a ride. The screw is a mating screw, sometimes called sex screw, consisting of a female and a male piece. Both Metric.

I tried ordering thru Jenson USA online(only place I could find online) and after a 2 week wait, I got an email saying sorry, keep waiting or cancel the order.

I got the specs for the screws but cannot locate these things. They are M4, male screw is 8mm length, female is 31mm length. Allen type head 4mm.

Anyone find another source for these yet? An alternative?

I ordered igus bushings from igus, ill verify they are correct before putting a part number up for you guys.

Heres a photo for reference of the remaining bolt I do have

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    If you're on Facebook try visiting the GT bike group or the GT bicycles Fan Club pages. There is a lot more activity including some guys that work for bike shops there and someone may be able to help you out. I think your chance of finding one would be better there. Good luck.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hey gt jorgito, thanks for the tip on the FB pages. I've been Facebook free for over 2 years now so I won't be able to go on and ask for help there. I'll wait it out as I have parts on order, GT themselves have the parts back ordered though it seems...

So, im using my road bike for now (also a GT), it's just nowhere near as fun! I need a second Mtn. Bike I'm thinking!