mtbr member
    Mar 2006

GT Zaskar 100 Carbon Pro - Dropper Post Installed!

After owning this bike for a little over a month I decided to put on a dropper seat post. This is the first dropper I've ever owned and so far I'm loving it. I did some reading of reviews here on MTBR and decided on the Specialized Command Post Blacklite based mainly on the seemingly good durability and fair price. Here are some photos of how it turned out, the following pictures are at each of the 3 different heights:

Fully Extended:

Note: This frame has a water bottle mount located under the top tube near the seat tube, I used the two existing bolts along with some of these 1/4" tubing fasteners to guide the cable, it worked perfectly! See Below:

Mid Height:

Slammed:

Now, at the front of the top tube, I kept running into the problem with the cable housing sticking too far off the frame, I decided to wrap that front section in clear vinyl and use two zip-ties to hold the cable in place...It is working just fine this way though I might try and think up a more "finished" solution if I get around to it, any ideas or suggestions for this? Oh, spun the seatpost clamp around so the slot is sitting inboard to keep the crud out of there as well.
    "save a plant, eat an animal"

mtbr member
    Problem Solvers Stick on Hydraulic Housing Guide Bag of 5 | eBay

I used these to relocate a short brake house on my old Stumpy FSR 29, and they worked great. I did not even use a zip-tie to keep them in place, I simply stuck on the guide and the hose kinda clipped right in.

Looking good, enjoy the ride!
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Cool, I might give those a try, thanks bryan!
    "save a plant, eat an animal"