Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I think my next step is to contact a GT dealer tomorrow and hope that they can order the part for me. I'm in Roanoke, VA, and they have a dealer in Lewisburg, WV, which is more or less on the way to Snowshoe, where my son is racing downhill next weekend.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    You can also try McMaster Carr- they have a huge assortment of fasteners and are reasonably priced. We use them for a supplier where I work.

McMaster-Carr

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
    By looking at those the threaded end is smaller than shank to get one non OEM best bet to get one much longer shank and have machined and threaded, the socket head is shorter normal as well. OEM or machine shop , machinist or BETD in UK probably only option. Good luck get spares.Find dealer
    Store Locator Fury looks same they will know GT Fury Spares : Mountain bikes and componets by BETD Goldtec
    in black steel Metric shoulder bolts, Allen, Class 12.9 steel black oil finish - Bolt Depot They are called shoulder bolts Shoulder Screws & Stripper Bolts | MSCDirect.com I think they are M6 x M5 .80 pitch then you need the shank length I am sure you can get them get it all measured up and start google
    Thanks for the links! Those Bolt Depot bolts and the GT Fury Bolts look like they would work.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hishalls View Post
    You can also try McMaster Carr- they have a huge assortment of fasteners and are reasonably priced. We use them for a supplier where I work.

McMaster-Carr
    I ended up going with McMaster:

McMaster-Carr

Here are the original and new shoulder screws (which are black and silver):
    GT Sanction and Force reference thread-imag0471.jpg

Just got them in the mail today and they fit! The hex wrench size is 3mm instead of 4mm, which is fine.

They were $1.37 each (I ordered 4) and 2 day shipping was $7.39, from Georgia to Virginia.

Thanks hishalls!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Here is the gif from McMaster, with dimensions:

GT Sanction and Force reference thread-alloy-steel-shoulder-screw-diagram.gif

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36