Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    What BB does the Force use? Is it a 73mm? 90mm? Press fit?

I'm not really familiar with BB tech, terms and standards.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hey did you ever figure out a good way to run this? I bought a Reverb Stealth on ebay... trying to figure out the best way to run it. I've been thinking of running it between the I-Link pivots as the gap in there stays pretty consistent. Though I've actually contemplated drilling a hole in the frame, but I'm afraid a crack might develop and I wont be able to warranty it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Chop! View Post
    Hey guys-
    First one that thinks of a creative way to route the hydro cable of a Rock Shox Reverb Stealth through the opening of the bottom of the seat tube on a Sanction or Force gets a cookie! The opening is there and should be easy, the tricky part is where to run the hose from the handlebar.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpyandhisBike View Post
    Hey did you ever figure out a good way to run this? I bought a Reverb Stealth on ebay... trying to figure out the best way to run it. I've been thinking of running it between the I-Link pivots as the gap in there stays pretty consistent. Though I've actually contemplated drilling a hole in the frame, but I'm afraid a crack might develop and I wont be able to warranty it.
    No. Never figured it out. Looks like the cable may pinch somewhere. It'd be a slick setup though. I switched to 1x10 though so I'm eyeballing a regular reverb and running the cable down where the front der cable went.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Chop! View Post
    No. Never figured it out. Looks like the cable may pinch somewhere. It'd be a slick setup though. I switched to 1x10 though so I'm eyeballing a regular reverb and running the cable down where the front der cable went.
    Well I finally was able to route mine and I did it similar to the front derailure cable.

GT Sanction and Force reference thread-image.jpg
    GT Sanction and Force reference thread-image.jpg
    GT Sanction and Force reference thread-image.jpgGT Sanction and Force reference thread-image.jpg

Took a ride with it today and it was great! I do need to trim the hose a bit more though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    out of curiosity (mainly because I really want to run a DHX coil) is it possible to use offset bushings and then install a 200mm shock on my Force?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    juancho142- Is that Lyrik 160 or 170?

Quote Originally Posted by juancho142 View Post
    more pics:

rebmem rbtm
    It's 160mm

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by herb1234 View Post
    Bummer am getting over a crash myself, having a week off and not being able to ride sucks.

The only issue I had with my force setup like that was that you had the bike setup to hit stuff hard and fast but after 6 months riding it like a DH bike I was losing my trust in the frame and it had started to have the death rattle after the 6 hour DH/endure race I did on it.
    Where as the sanction I have now just keeps on going and with its current setup there isn't that much of a weight penalty over the force.
    Is your Sanction setup standard or short-shocked like your Force?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Question for anyone who has upgraded their wheelsets, Is the max size hub for the Force 135mm?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mdg3d View Post
    Question for anyone who has upgraded their wheelsets, Is the max size hub for the Force 135mm?
    I upgraded to Stan's Flow EX, without modifying the rear dropouts, a 9mmx135mm is the only size that will fit. if you move to the Sanction rear dropouts, you can upgrade to a 12mm TA, but I'm not sure on width, I would be curious about that as well, as I'm looking to move to them at some point anyway and will need to order a new axle kit.

PS - the Flow EX wheel set is very nice, mine are on Stan's 3.30 hubs and they are a bit wider and lighter than the TD24s I had stock.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks, great information.

mtbr member
    May 2013

GT Sanction and Force reference thread

I upgraded my garbage Alex TD24 wheels with Atomlab Standard 36 spoke with Atomlab Pimplite hubs. They weigh 1043 grams but are well worth it with my riding.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Oatmeal View Post
    I upgraded my garbage Alex TD24 wheels with Atomlab Standard 36 spoke with Atomlab Pimplite hubs. They weigh 1043 grams but are well worth it with my riding.

Were you able to use the Force dropouts? From what I am reading those hubs use a 10mm TA.

mtbr member
    May 2013

Yes. I just shaved off a little bit to make them work because I folded the front because I ride like the second pic.

Before my riser bars... I'll never run flat bars again :-/

Last edited by Oatmeal; 05-24-2013 at 12:45 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2013

Is there a guard that I could buy that would stop any mud and dirt from my bottom bracket area? I saw a guy on a GT Sanction on the trails with a clear plexi glass setup on his down tube that was wide on the bottom to cover the BB. I have searched and searched without any luck... It looked like it was made just for the bike. I'm tired of doing this below to clean everything.

GT Sanction and Force reference thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1369597142.637518.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Have you tried the O-Rings and the method mentioned in post #421? Seems like both of those would help.

mtbr member
    May 2013

No. He came back in and said it worked but only delayed cleaning... I want something that will resolve the problem and not extend the clean time.

Thanks for the offer about that but I have read every page in this thread.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Just trying to help. Sometimes it can be a bit daunting to wade through all the posts.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Bookmarking this thread. I'm just about to pull the trigger on a used white Sanction frame with a DHX 4.0 rear and a star decal up front. So this could be an '09 or '10 model (not sure on this).

http://cdn.sulitstatic.com/images/20...0ea60c4493.jpg

Does anyone know if this model year is drastically different than a 2013? Also, what's the seat tube length for an S or XS size?

Posted via Tapatalk 4

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Bookmarking this thread. I'm just about to pull the trigger on a used white Sanction frame with a DHX 4.0 rear and a star decal up front. So this could be an '09 or '10 model (not sure on this).

Does anyone know if this model year is drastically different than a 2013? Also, what's the seat tube length for an S or XS size?

Posted via Tapatalk 4
    I think that's a 2009 model. It's Raw Alu if I remember correctly, not white.

There aren't any Sanction 2013 models. They last produced it 2012 - I think. The Force LE is the 'new sanction'. Not sure how different the frame is.

If you're not happy with the DHX 4, let me know, I'm selling my Monarch plus RC3. It used to be on my GT. Worked REALLY, REALLY well with the iDrive system.

I'm from Manila btw (i think you know that already). PM me if you're interested in the shock.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Posted via Tapatalk 4
    Quote Originally Posted by prancisfena View Post
    I think that's a 2009 model. It's Raw Alu if I remember correctly, not white.

There aren't any Sanction 2013 models. They last produced it 2012 - I think. The Force LE is the 'new sanction'. Not sure how different the frame is.

If you're not happy with the DHX 4, let me know, I'm selling my Monarch plus RC3. It used to be on my GT. Worked REALLY, REALLY well with the iDrive system.

I'm from Manila btw (i think you know that already). PM me if you're interested in the shock.
    Not so much Raw as a Matt Painted Silver, still looks good
    Here is mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GT Sanction and Force reference thread-20130530_222307.jpg  

mtbr member

Posted via Tapatalk 4
    That's an '09. My buddy has the same bike with a different build. You'll love it. That one looks like it has a great build on it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Spotted this on the GT website today

The New GT

I'm excited to see what they've done to update their design and what it will be called.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hello Guys! I'm new to these parts. I immediately apologize for my English, I write through google translated =)
    I have a GT Force 2011, which satisfies me more and more every day. I have a question for you: Has anyone mounted a head set angleset on this frame?
    If the answer is yes, could you help me by telling me which brand and model you have installed?

Thank you all in advance!

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast