Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Cool thanks pran!
    2012 GT Force 2.0

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Small issue I noticed after my ride last night. The X-Fusion Hilo is leaking at the bottom of the stanchion (see photo). It's a small leak but after an hour or so there is fluid down the seat post almost at the wheel. Does this occur during break-in? It's not a big deal just annoying to wipe off

2012 GT Force 2.0

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Not sure if it is normal but I can tell you that I never noticed mine doing that. Maybe shoot X Fusion a message.
    X Fusion Shox - Contact

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Thanks mdg3d. Shoot, ok. I was thinking that it shouldn't leak.
    2012 GT Force 2.0

mtbr member
    Hey you guys are probably tired of seeing my Force up here but this was from a ride this weekend. We had some snow blow through so the upper trails were closed. I think she is looking pretty good:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GT Sanction and Force reference thread-force_of_nature_2012.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Heck ya! I love seeing your bike! Looks like you had a nice place to ride! Nice and cool too
    2012 GT Force 2.0

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Hey guys I have a question. I'm picking a bash guard out right now. My crank setup is 42-32-24. Should I get a 36 or 34 bash? Seems like either would work since I'm keeping my 32. Maybe get a 36 in case I want to swap my existing 32 for a bigger 34/36?
    2012 GT Force 2.0

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Looking good! Looks like you are running a single ring up front, how many teeth?
    WGR73- I would definitely go with the 36T guard for the flexibility.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Thanks dude. That's what I think I'm gonna do!
    2012 GT Force 2.0

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    If you contact X Fusion and get a response please post it here. Reading through some reviews I saw that it has happened to others. Just curious as to what they will say.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Will do. I found 1 thread where they talked about it, but not much beyond that. Hopefully its either and easy fix or an easy warranty return. This shouldn't happen with a new bike

You have any links to what you saw?
    2012 GT Force 2.0

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I am sure you have seen the link from this site but I will include it anyway
    X-Fusion Shox Hilo Seatpost Adjustable Reviews
    also take a look at some of the photos and comments here:
    x fusion hilo dropper post longterm review? Singletrack Forum
    and then this is just great reference-
    X-Fusion Hilo Service - Bikes | Cycling | Mountain Biking on Cyclist No.1

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Thanks!
    2012 GT Force 2.0

Braugh Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojoaf View Post
    Hey you guys are probably tired of seeing my Force up here but this was from a ride this weekend. We had some snow blow through so the upper trails were closed. I think she is looking pretty good:
    Not at all, your force is an inspiration (to me at least) how I want mine to look.

mtbr member
    My Hilo blew the top seal as described above, big ole mess, but kept working like that for several rides. Xfusion rebuilt under warranty, and the thing has been working well for a couple months.

A little context- it squeaked like crazy from new, then blew within 3 months. Out of service for almost 2 months- xfusion waiting on parts from china- they were straight up throughout- rebuilt post is smoother up and down, no squeaks. My expectation now is that it will blow again within the next year. I'm so hooked on the tech though that I will start saving for that dropper post that lasts - the one we dream about but doesn't seem to exist yet.. Yeah, that one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by snodrift View Post
    My Hilo blew the top seal as described above, big ole mess, but kept working like that for several rides. Xfusion rebuilt under warranty, and the thing has been working well for a couple months.

A little context- it squeaked like crazy from new, then blew within 3 months. Out of service for almost 2 months- xfusion waiting on parts from china- they were straight up throughout- rebuilt post is smoother up and down, no squeaks. My expectation now is that it will blow again within the next year. I'm so hooked on the tech though that I will start saving for that dropper post that lasts - the one we dream about but doesn't seem to exist yet.. Yeah, that one.
    Very interesting. Thanks for posting that. Good info
    2012 GT Force 2.0

Braugh Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by snodrift View Post
    I'm so hooked on the tech though that I will start saving for that dropper post that lasts - the one we dream about but doesn't seem to exist yet.. Yeah, that one.
    It exists. It's called the gravity dropper. If you can get over how ugly it is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggyr333 View Post
    It exists. It's called the gravity dropper. If you can get over how ugly it is.
    If it was infinite adjust, I'd own it right now. On/off is a dealbreaker. Couldn't give a rip about the looks if it's durable.

Wasn't there some new KS post (with infinite adjust) getting hyped for lasting 4 months?.... Given how much abuse the forks take on these bikes, I just don't get why we have few choices for reliable dropper posts.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Lets see some more pictures!
    2012 GT Force 2.0

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Hey how do you guys feel about adding a triple-clamp front fork and a coil spring to the bike to give it some more suspension? Just looking at other "All mountain" bikes and have noticed some have done that, especially the Specialized Enduro crowd and the Niner WFO crowd.
    2012 GT Force 2.0

Braugh Bro.
    Shouln't but a dual crown on a bike like this. I don't think the headtube is reinforced enough to take it. Coil rear shocks are a-okay though. mine had one for a little while. Stick with the single crown forks though

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Really? Oh ok cool. There are other single crown forks that allow just as much travel. I won't be hitting 10ft drops anytime soon. But I'd like to be aggressive as I can (I'm 6'3" 205lbs) at my body weight.

OH and another question, what size rear shock do we have? 7.5 x 2? Can't seem to find the specs on the website
    2012 GT Force 2.0

Braugh Bro.
    Yeah 7.5 x 2.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Sweet, thanks!
    2012 GT Force 2.0

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Got the Monarch on proper trails today.

I left it on the MAX switch on one of the trails - and I put it on MID one the other. Felt great.

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast