Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I have the same bike. Converted to a two ring setup using the stinger iscg05. The two rings I went to were shimano chain rings, 28 - 40 I believe. I know I had to spend time grinding down the bolt heads on the chainring bolts and stinger mount bolts as they would hit each other otherwise. I put an mrp bash ring on the outside, but overall its working fine. In the end, don't expect less noise... chain still bangs the front derailleur pretty good so this setup doesn't fix that issue.

I'll probably just end up going single ring in the front eventually. I think I have pics of it all through out the process if need be.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the MRP LRP guide and guard as well. Having a hard time picturing how the bolts would hit each other without having my bike in front of me but that is good to know. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Ya its crazy but they line up. The small ring chainring bolts and the mounting bolts for the iscg05 stinger. Maybe if you swapped cranks completely to a dedicated 2 ring setup you could get the clearance needed. Or.. find some bolts that are flat/flush mounting for the chainring.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mdg3d View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I have a 2012 Force 2.0 and am looking to move to a 2-ring setup (36T, 24T) with a blackspire stinger ISCG05, blackspire C4 RingGod, and deity Alibi 4B 36T Sprocket keeping the granny 24T that came with the bike. I am just curious if anyone sees any problems with this setup? I have gotten some conflicting information as I have researched this so I thought I would reach out here.
    Thank you
    I used to have a 2 x10 set up - changed to a 1 x10.

I don't see anything wrong with the setup you mentioned above, I've never had any problems. I have the blackspire stinger too - but mine is BB mounted though. I didn't need to grind down anything - everything fits well. The Race Face chainguide I got from a friend of mine didn't fit because of the pivots being in the way of the top part of the guide... had to settle for this. Need to find a way for my chain not to jumo off on the rough though. I'll be trying a bashwich soon enough.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by natzx7 View Post
    Looks really nice! I love the color of the blue powdercoat you used. Here's what it would look like with blue wheels, by the way....

Ey bro, doesn't your DHX air's piggy back hit the top tube under full compression? Got myself a Monarch RC3 Plus but i'm afraid that the piggy back will get damaged because of the top tube... or vice versa.

mtbr member
    ^^ I think you'd be ok really the arc of the shock during compression is not super pronounced on the Force. Although the Monarch's piggy back might run closer to the top tube than the DHX....only one way to tofind out....

Chamois Dropper
    Quote Originally Posted by prancisfena View Post

Ey bro, doesn't your DHX air's piggy back hit the top tube under full compression? Got myself a Monarch RC3 Plus but i'm afraid that the piggy back will get damaged because of the top tube... or vice versa.
    The shock has never touched the top tube, I just checked when I saw your post . I have played with the shock quite a bit and I'm sure I have at least come really close to bottoming out.
    The bike looks quite a bit different now, 50mm stem 1x9, RaceFace cranks, Bionicon, carbon seat post, and XT brakes. Schwalbe tires (not in pic yet)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GT Sanction and Force reference thread-009.jpg  

2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The shock has never touched the top tube, I just checked when I saw your post . I have played with the shock quite a bit and I'm sure I have at least come really close to bottoming out.
    The bike looks quite a bit different now, 50mm stem 1x9, RaceFace cranks, Bionicon, carbon seat post, and XT brakes. Schwalbe tires (not in pic yet)
    Lookin' great bro. The white frame with blue wheels looks good.

I'll be getting a Monarch RC3 from a friend and I'm hoping I dont end up busting the frame or the shock haha.

mtbr member
    Sweet build Nat....really nice.

Chamois Dropper
    Thanks a lot guys, I wasn't sold on the blue rims at first, but they kinda grew on me and they make the bike stand out a little bit. I am pretty stoked to try out my new tire combo tomorrow, a Nobby Nic up front and a Racing Ralph out back. I just tried some Nevengals and I was really disappointed. I pulled 'em off after two weekends. I liked the Ignitors a lot but I wanted something a little more aggressive. The Nevs felt vague to me, and although they didn't let me down on some fairly gnarly stuff, I just didn't get the confidence from them.

prancisfena: I would think the Monarch would be ok if the travel is correct for the Force. I would air it down and check the travel and frame clearance on the bike first though.
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

Owl
    Oct 2012
    I have to know, since you have that setup, if you were to mount that shock in reverse, i.e. reservoir side towards the rear, would the reservoir still be able to clear the frame? I'm asking because I have the force carbon frame, and for some reason, they decide the shock should be mounted in reverse. If the air chamber side is mounted towards the front triangle, the sides of the shock actually compresses into the frame. Since I blew my RP23, I was considering the DHX air, but I can't tell if the reservoir will clear the top tube as it makes that slight dip towards the seat tube. TIA

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have a small Force carbon frame with a DHX5.0 air mounted with the piggyback up and I have had no problems of it hitting the frame

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    DHX Air
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GT Sanction and Force reference thread-force.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by phil1 View Post
    DHX Air
    No top tube problems bro? If you have your DHX mounted like that, I'm pretty sure a Monarch would clear the top tube then haha.

Owl
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by phil1 View Post
    DHX Air
    Ahhh, that looks awesome, i wish my force looked like that

Chamois Dropper
    That's a tough looking Force, Phil1. I love those colors and the carbon frame looks great. GT!!
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Got my Monarch RC3 today.

Having a killer hard time taking the shock mountings off of my X Fusion though.

mtbr member
    Is the X-Fusion and Rock Shox hardware compatible? Didnt know that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Hey guys. I've been lurking (had this account for years). I'm about to buy a 2012 Force 2.0, like in 5 minutes. Is there anything you guys would purchase along with the bike?...any mods or upgrades right off the bat? Seems to be an awesome bike. I'm 6'3 200lbs so I'm buying the XL frame. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I put a set of wider bars and a shorter stem on mine almost immediately. Also changed out the pedals.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Thanks. I really wish I could ride this first but it's not going to happen so if there is anything that stands out as 'needing' to be changed then I'd rather just get it done asap

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I also bought mine without riding it first. Those upgrades were just personal preference for me. There was nothing wrong per se with the components. I got mine earlier this season and absolutely love it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mdg3d View Post
    I also bought mine without riding it first. Those upgrades were just personal preference for me. There was nothing wrong per se with the components. I got mine earlier this season and absolutely love it.
    Thanks man, just pulled the trigger!! I cannot wait!! We'll see how it rides when it gets here and go from there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojoaf View Post
    Is the X-Fusion and Rock Shox hardware compatible? Didnt know that.
    Took a while to get the shock mountings off of the X Fusion and onto the Monarch. Had to go to a LBS to have them pry the parts loose. I didn't have the right tools at home.

Slapped it on there last night. Good thing my buddy (the guy i bought the monarch from) weighs considerably less than I do so when I sat on the bike to test the sag it was about at 60% sag HAHA. I got to check if there were and top tube-piggyback issues, thankfully there was tons of clearance. Can't wait for the weekend.

apologies for the crappy phone pic.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Hey does anyone know if the stock 2012 GT Force 2.0 uses schrader or presta tubes? (Stock rims)

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast