Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast
    Braugh Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_d View Post
    What value did you get for each side? 1.5mm for 3mm total?

Pics!
    cant get pics together at the moment (injured) as far as value? i'm not sure. i think the total is something like 7mm. i could be wrong though.

mtbr member
    Had a small bit of creaking and was thinking I would need to disassemble my pivots, but decided to take the advice of about 80-90% of the recommendations here from MTBR and clean and lube up the rear drop outs. That did butter smooth riding this morning. Been about 2 months off travelling for work but the bike did not disappoint today at all.

Enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GT Sanction and Force reference thread-2012-09-29_14-09-39_824.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Regarding the use of angle headsets: I thought I read one post somewhere here mentioned that it can't be used for a carbon force? Is that correct? Is it because of the integrated headset?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngt View Post
    Regarding the use of angle headsets: I thought I read one post somewhere here mentioned that it can't be used for a carbon force? Is that correct? Is it because of the integrated headset?
    I have read that too, and I know Workscomponents does not deal with integrated systems.
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojoaf View Post
    Had a small bit of creaking and was thinking I would need to disassemble my pivots, but decided to take the advice of about 80-90% of the recommendations here from MTBR and clean and lube up the rear drop outs. That did butter smooth riding this morning. Been about 2 months off travelling for work but the bike did not disappoint today at all.

Enjoy.
    Damn good looking bike.

Owl
    Oct 2012
    Couldn't find a proper place to put this, this thread seems somewhat relevant so here goes.

Does anyone know if the headset cups on a 2010 GT Force Carbon frame can be replaced? The specs are listed as integrated, but the lip on the frame makes it look like semi-integrated. I want a slacker head angle with AngleSet. I contacted GT and got no useful information, told me to ask authorized dealer. Dealer said what the specs listed but wasn't sure. I know some carbon frames have replaceable headset cups, and some are epoxied in. If it's the second case, could I still knock out these cups and epoxy in replacements, or would that ruin the frame?

Photo of headset:
    imgur.com/fNKDe.jpg

May the Force be with you
    Quote Originally Posted by BluPenguin View Post
    Couldn't find a proper place to put this, this thread seems somewhat relevant so here goes.

Does anyone know if the headset cups on a 2010 GT Force Carbon frame can be replaced? The specs are listed as integrated, but the lip on the frame makes it look like semi-integrated. I want a slacker head angle with AngleSet. I contacted GT and got no useful information, told me to ask authorized dealer. Dealer said what the specs listed but wasn't sure. I know some carbon frames have replaceable headset cups, and some are epoxied in. If it's the second case, could I still knock out these cups and epoxy in replacements, or would that ruin the frame?

Photo of headset:
    imgur.com/fNKDe.jpg
    No, They are part of the frame.

Owl
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalchico View Post
    No, They are part of the frame.
    In that case, is there any other way I can add some HA slack to the fork? the bearings used are the IS41/28.6|IS41/30. I hear people talking about angled bearings/washers, but I have not found any concrete information on them.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I'd be very interested to know as well. Mine is an 09 Force Carbon. Aside from the color scheme, I believe the 09 and 10 are very similarly spec'd. I don't prefer going the rear shock offset for now. Maybe someone has tried taking a peek?

Owl
    Oct 2012
    I'd be very interested to know as well. Mine is an 09 Force Carbon. Aside from the color scheme, I believe the 09 and 10 are very similarly spec'd. I don't prefer going the rear shock offset for now. Maybe someone has tried taking a peek?
    The rear shock offset won't work on the Force frames. The tolerances are already so low, that when the shock bottoms out, there is only a few mm of space between the bar on the rear triangle and the seat tube on the front triangle. any offset would cause a collision there on hard hits.

mtbr member
    Then again, the bushings seem to be working for some..

Quote Originally Posted by Buggyr333 View Post
    I just got a set of offset bushings for my 2009 GT force, And they fit great. with the shock bottomed, there's still a good 10mm or so between the seattube and the seatstay brace. So if anyone is thinking of slackening/lowering their force, it does work quite well, and noticeably slacker.

i got mine from Offsetbushings.com

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yeah, I've seen a couple other posters use the rear shock offset, but can't recall if all were on aluminum frames. It seems like there's enough clearance on the carbon frame, but aside from that, it'll also affect the seat angle and also reduce the rear travel.

Braugh Bro.
    offset bushings work on my xl aluminum 2009 force frame with room to spare.

Owl
    Oct 2012
    Yeah, I've seen a couple other posters use the rear shock offset, but can't recall if all were on aluminum frames. It seems like there's enough clearance on the carbon frame, but aside from that, it'll also affect the seat angle and also reduce the rear travel.
    I just checked twice, but it looks like offset bushings won't pan out. If i take out the air in the shock and sit on the bike, the gap between the rear triangle bar and seat tube is about as big as my disk brake calipers... I don't see anything more than a 1.5mm offset working out, and that's really too small to be noticeable.

Looks like a longer shock is really the only option I can think of.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggyr333 View Post
    offset bushings work on my xl aluminum 2009 force frame with room to spare.
    Any chance of a pic?

I'm currently looking at a '10 Force 3 ... but the HTA is just a bit steep for my liking and honestly is the hitch regarding getting it or not. I'm already planning on changing out the stem for a shorter one ... as far as wider bars, not in the cards for me ... too many rather narrow passes. Not really wanting additional travel ... just slacker geo.

So it's off-set bushings or perhaps I'll just pass on getting the bike.
    '12 Transition Bandit29
    '12 Transition TransAM 29
    '13 On-One Inbred 29'er LTD ED Single Speed

Braugh Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by ubado View Post
    Any chance of a pic?
    don't own a camera at the moment,

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Does anyone here know if the Reverb Stealth wiring can "work" with a 2010 GT Force 2.0 frame? TIA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by prancisfena View Post
    Damn good looking bike.
    Thanks man. Its been more of a pleasure every time I ride. Going to be ordering some off set bushings in the next little while to slacken it u a bit and try out before I invest in an angle set.

mtbr member
    Posting here for reference: My 2009 Sanction did not have ISCG tabs for a chain guide but I had a desire to switch to 1x9/1x10. I really liked the looks of the E*thirteen LG1+ guide. I emailed E*thirteen so see if the LG1+ with BB adaptor would work. Their response: "Not sure, Best thing to do is buy one and see if it works." I emailed GT. Their response:"Not sure, Best thing to do is buy one and see if it works." Not exactly what I wanted to hear as I was avoiding spending $125 + dollars in order to get some info. In the end I ended up pulling the trigger. After a couple of frustrating days I determined the LG1+ was not going to work as the BB adaptor cup would not be compatible with the I-Drive design. I order for the crankset to be completely inserted I needed more room than the BB adaptor was giving me, unless I could flip it around, which was impossible with the design of the I-Drive. I returned the LG1+ and got an MRP Mini G2 SL BB mount. Fit like a champ. Very happy with it and the first couple rides have been great. The MRP build quality is a tad bit lower than E*thirteen's but not enough that it's a deal breaker.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I recently emailed MRP inquiring about compatibility with their LRP and my 2012 Force and they were very helpful. Sorry to hear that E*thirteen was not.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdg3d View Post
    I recently emailed MRP inquiring about compatibility with their LRP and my 2012 Force and they were very helpful. Sorry to hear that E*thirteen was not.
    Yeah, overall, more please with MRP from a service/satisfaction standpoint. Little things like a list of lubricants you should and should not use to avoid premature damage and wear to your chain guide. They happen to be the same list of lubricants for the e*thirteen but they didn't include that in the instructions. You have to find that info online in a .pdf file which not everyone would seek out. Also, the instructions were much better with the MRP.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Has anyone tried putting a Rock Shox Monarch RC3 Plus on their Force? Just got one on a good deal from a friend. I wanted to know what to expect. Any reviews?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BluPenguin View Post
    I just checked twice, but it looks like offset bushings won't pan out. If i take out the air in the shock and sit on the bike, the gap between the rear triangle bar and seat tube is about as big as my disk brake calipers... I don't see anything more than a 1.5mm offset working out, and that's really too small to be noticeable.

Looks like a longer shock is really the only option I can think of.
    Confirmed this as well. Took the air out of the rear shock of my L 09 Force Carbon frame, fully compressed the rear suspension, and there is barely enough space with the stock setup. I don't have a caliper so I cannot take an accurate measurement, but I found a regular sized-crayon and it wont fit the gap at all.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hello everyone,
    I have a 2012 Force 2.0 and am looking to move to a 2-ring setup (36T, 24T) with a blackspire stinger ISCG05, blackspire C4 RingGod, and deity Alibi 4B 36T Sprocket keeping the granny 24T that came with the bike. I am just curious if anyone sees any problems with this setup? I have gotten some conflicting information as I have researched this so I thought I would reach out here.
    Thank you

Braugh Bro.
    Confirmed this as well. Took the air out of the rear shock of my L 09 Force Carbon frame, fully compressed the rear suspension, and there is barely enough space with the stock setup. I don't have a caliper so I cannot take an accurate measurement, but I found a regular sized-crayon and it wont fit the gap at all.
    Hmm, dimensions must be different on the XL versions of the frame, thats the only explination i can think of, since i am using offset bushings on my XL aluminum force.

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast