Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    the large force is only 5mm longer in the top tube than the med sanction.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I would def go with the Medium if i was you......I picked up the large and I am a little bit north of 6' so it should be perfect size for you. Personally I think mountain bike sizing is so broad that most people can be comfortable on a variety of frame sizes (especially since many companies only offer 3 bike sizes), it just depends what you prefer and how you want to adjust your bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I'm VERY close to picking up the Sanction 1.0 on nashbar. It's yellow/green, which I believe is a 2011.

Does anyone know if this frame would fit a 650b wheel set?

were there any major enhancements to the 2011 vs the 2010...or the 2012 vs. the 2011? I'm trying to figure out if the 2011 nashbar deal is worth snapping up, or if I should pay more for a 2012...OR maybe even look elsewhere. Seems like a fantastic bike but the creaking and cable routing sounds sub-par. i've got a very high comfort level working on bikes but I don't like to buy problems if I can avoid it.
    You aren't going to find a better deal than this especially with that parts spec. The perfect bike. I ordered my '09 Sanction 2.0 from Nashbar early last year and don't regret it one bit. There aren't any enhancements that I know of that would make or break choosing one model over another (2010 to 2011 they added the 1.5 headtube). Definitely not enough to 2012 over the 2011. I would skip the 650b option since I think it'd raise the BB too much. Never had an issue with the cable routing and my pivots haven't squeaked since I re-did them myself over a year ago.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

ISCG Tabs

Quote Originally Posted by On3_kn0WN View Post
    I measured the distance between holes on my 2012 force 2.0. They're 2.2 inches apart center to center. This corresponds with the iscg '05 standard.

The 03 iscg holes are only 1.88 inches apart center to center. Couldn't tell you about the 2011 frame.

Pardon my newb question but im confused... I was trying to answer the same question with my newly purchased 2012 Force carbon frame and ISCG tabs.

In the pic I've attached you can clearly identify the two lower tabs on the BB shell, but what about the third mounting hole up top? I haven't received the frame yet so all I have to go off of are photos.

Is there something im missing? Where is the third mounting hole?

Id appreciate any help you guys can offer, thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GT Sanction and Force reference thread-bb-shell.jpg  

mtbr member
    I dont know if it's the same for the carbon frame, but the AL force has a third, upper mount for the ISCG on the lower pivot cap. I don't know why this pic doesn't show one..

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by snodrift View Post
    I dont know if it's the same for the carbon frame, but the AL force has a third, upper mount for the ISCG on the lower pivot cap. I don't know why this pic doesn't show one..
    Yeah, that's what I thought too... Maybe I can swap out the lower pivot cap from the AL force? Or is the mounting hole located underneath the cap and im just not seeing it? Just doesn't make sense to have only "some" of the ISCG tabs. I guess Ill figure it out when I receive the frame.

Any more input is greatly appreciated!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Yeah its located in the pivot cap. As seen through the chain rings here... hopefully this pic works posted from my phone. GT Sanction and Force reference thread-uploadfromtaptalk1341266054478.jpg

mtbr member
    Then I'll bet that the pivot pins in the picture were just installed on the wrong side. You should be set.

Recently installed a mrp 2x into my mounts- good match for the frame so far.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thats great to hear, Im looking forward to finally receiving my new frame.

Im really interested in the Truvativ HammerSchmidt crank set. It needs the ICSG tabs and the BB/tabs may need to be faced for sizing.

Anyone heard of someone installing this crankset on a newer model GT Carbon Force?

Thanks so much for the help guys!

mtbr member
    Got a couple of rides on my new Force...impressions? Needs a new rear shock for sure, this one gets the job done but needs some lighter compression settings for sure.

Running 1x9 with the new 28t MRP Bling Ring and Micro SL Bashguard. Good gearing for the climbs I have to do here in Utah in altitude. Enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GT Sanction and Force reference thread-2012-07-02_21-02-40_942.jpg  

GT Sanction and Force reference thread-2012-07-02_21-03-23_997.jpg  

GT Sanction and Force reference thread-2012-07-02_21-04-00_363.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    odd call about the rear shock as a the older forces came out with a lighter compression tune on the rear shock.

nice looking ride by the way

mtbr member
    Thanks Herb, it is weird I agree, although its 2011 so not old per se. In fact its been a rare occurrence to find a shock with a factory tune that feels too stiff for me I am 235-240lbs, my old mission I begged to find a shock tuned with more compression control.

It could just be this particular shock too because I am riding at 35-40% sag and its still a touch too much. But hey no real complaints as I know I can find a shock that will work better for this bike and my riding style- tons of options out there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    The sag seems high?, i aimed for 30% sag on my force and sanction and and got full travel on the local trails. I was thinking of changing to a mid compression tune on my force before i sold it as it felt like it blew through its travel to easy at time. Im 200 poundish (85kg) by the way

Are looking at changing the shock on my sanction. As the DHX air is now feeling a little over worked compaired to the 55s on the front or i may just send it away to get tuned.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by herb1234 View Post
    The sag seems high?, i aimed for 30% sag on my force and sanction and and got full travel on the local trails. I was thinking of changing to a mid compression tune on my force before i sold it as it felt like it blew through its travel to easy at time. Im 200 poundish (85kg) by the way

Are looking at changing the shock on my sanction. As the DHX air is now feeling a little over worked compaired to the 55s on the front or i may just send it away to get tuned.
    I use 30% too. Went back to 2-25% on my recent ride and it was pretty rough. I never considered the Force to be a bike that'd absorb the small chatter, but maybe it's because the shock I'm using isn't that great - just a basic X Fusion RC O2. With the right sag though it feels great - never bottomed it out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    are you guys checking your sag seated or standing on the pedals?

i tend to check mine standing as i would if i was riding techy stuff.

what Psi are you running for you weight?

mtbr member
    Yeah thats a lot more sag than I had on my Mission, the Mission and the RP23 on it would blow through the mid stroke if I didnt keep it at 20% but had the extra volume air can. I check my sag seated.

I just think this stock RockShox Float is the culprit and the Force could benefit from a better shock. But as it is it rides great.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    the hassle is finding one that fixs and is not crazy $$$.

the fox float is not a bad shock and there are a few tuning things that can be done to it as well, like reducing the air spring volume or making it larger depending on what you want to do. plus you guys in the states have PUSH that can tune them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by herb1234 View Post
    are you guys checking your sag seated or standing on the pedals?

i tend to check mine standing as i would if i was riding techy stuff.

what Psi are you running for you weight?
    I check mine sitting.

I'm 180lbs, I like running it at 160psi. I bumped it up to 180psi for my last ride but found it way too harsh.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    200 lbsish

175-180 Psi on the force and 160-170Psi on the sanction

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I check my sag sitting, I weigh 215 - 220 with gear. I have the fox float RL PSI around 210 with about 30% sag. I do run my tire PSI fairly low to take care of the small bumps. I had been running 18-20 psi in the front, and 25 or so in the rear, problem is I rolled the front bead out of the wheel in the middle of a berm... so I'm running 25 or so up front now.

With the shock set a bit stiff, and letting the tires handle the small bump stuff, this bike tackles so much terrain so nicely!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I finally have a chainguide and a new bash to go with it... sadly no photos. I deleted the ones i took by accident (stupid me :P)

Anyways, I was able to get a photo, albeit a crappy one, of my DIY mudguard for the iDrive linkages. Have yet to try 'em out on the trails but as for my calculations they SHOULD keep MOST of the mud out.

Without the mudguard:

Here's the mudguard, will take photos of it after my trailride... sadly I have to wait for the weekend to do that

Tire Geek O_o
    are those new pivot caps / hardware compatible with a 2008 GT force? I mean if they are...are they easier to remove and re install than the tooted ones in the 2008 models (which are a pain in the ass to remove)
    http://32spokesmtb.com - Promoting MTB & cycling from Mexico to the World!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cesalec View Post
    are those new pivot caps / hardware compatible with a 2008 GT force? I mean if they are...are they easier to remove and re install than the tooted ones in the 2008 models (which are a pain in the ass to remove)
    The new caps are mated to sealed cartridge bearings that I believe are different from earlier models. Please someone correct me if I am mistaken. I pulled 2011 pivots apart and thats what I found.

mtbr member
    Just as a heads up, I e-mailed Workscomponents (angle headsets), and for the 2011 GT Force you have to order the EC44/EC49 tapered steerer tube model with your appropriate head tube length and desired angle.

For my 2011 GT Force 3.0 Large I went with:

NEW - 1 5 Degree EC44 -EC49 - Tapered Steerer Tube Headset

I payed $110 through PayPal.

I will report back when it arrives.
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_d View Post
    Just as a heads up, I e-mailed Workscomponents (angle headsets), and for the 2011 GT Force you have to order the EC44/EC49 tapered steerer tube model with your appropriate head tube length and desired angle.

For my 2011 GT Force 3.0 Large I went with:

NEW - 1 5 Degree EC44 -EC49 - Tapered Steerer Tube Headset

I payed $110 through PayPal.

I will report back when it arrives.
    Interested in hearing more about this.

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast