mtbr member
    May 2010

GT Sanction 1.0 questions

Im planning to get a XSmall Sanction 1.0, Im '5"4 with "27 inseam. The standover spec on XSmall is "28, will this be a problem when im out on the trail, Im fairly new to mtb, any opinion will help

mtbr member
    This may be a problem when you need to (quickly) dismount. It might also suggest that the bike is too big, although i guess this is a little unlucky considering this is the smallest size. Have you been able to physically sit on one to see how it fits?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    So far the closest bike I have tried was a GT Force 3.0, and I dont have any clearance with that. My lbs do not carry XSmall, I'd have to order firstand then find out

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Was the Force an xsmall as well? If so then there's a chance the Sanction may be slightly taller cuz of the longer travel fork. That difference may be minimal. You may want to wait for a 2011 Distortion which may have a lower standover height but still give you enough front travel for slopestyle/freeride riding.
    2009 GT Marathon Team,GT Force 2.0, GT Jelly Belly TT (nude carbon), and a very special Todd Wells Zaskar.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Its a small Gt Force that I tried, I really like the Sanction and the components the bike has. I think Ill just have to learn how to dismount correctly.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I wonder how well the Distortion handles drops ie: 3-5 feet?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nubijo
    Im planning to get a XSmall Sanction 1.0, Im '5"4 with "27 inseam. The standover spec on XSmall is "28, will this be a problem when im out on the trail, Im fairly new to mtb, any opinion will help
    Nubijo-

How'd things work out with getting the XS 1.0?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

How di that work out?

I am having same issue I am actually 28 inseam wanted the specialzed pitch but its too big its 29 only down for me is if the sanction is too heavy I do like 65% xc riding some drops dont think it would be more than 5 feet only guessing lots of rock gardens also looked at the force good weight but the angle at 69 dont know if that will work on jumps and some light downhills
    Life is One Got Out And Live It!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    How did that bike turn out did u get it yet?
    Life is One Got Out And Live It!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by spainsoccerfreak
    How did that bike turn out did u get it yet?
    I'm still saving some cash and im also thinking of waiting for the Distortion.

spainsoccerfreak-
    The Sanction might work out better for you, if your saying you have "28 inseam

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I'm still saving some cash and im also thinking of waiting for the Distortion.

spainsoccerfreak-
    The Sanction might work out better for you, if your saying you have "28 inseam
    Nubijo-

You sure the '11 Distortion fork has enough travel for what you want to do? I think it maxes out at 140mm whereas the Sanction 1.0 goes 160mm. The Distortion does look good though. I was already thinking of adding it alongside my Sanction late next summer/fall when the Performance blowouts start. It looks great for XC and lighter AM rides. You hear a MSRP on it?

I'll say this though, so far I've been really glad to have the Sanction descending some of the worse washed-out rocky singletrack I've done so far - I don't know that 140mm would have gotten the job done.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by roxnroots
    Nubijo-

You sure the '11 Distortion fork has enough travel for what you want to do? I think it maxes out at 140mm whereas the Sanction 1.0 goes 160mm. The Distortion does look good though. I was already thinking of adding it alongside my Sanction late next summer/fall when the Performance blowouts start. It looks great for XC and lighter AM rides. You hear a MSRP on it?

I'll say this though, so far I've been really glad to have the Sanction descending some of the worse washed-out rocky singletrack I've done so far - I don't know that 140mm would have gotten the job done.
    I think Ill just have to order the Sanction cause I can't wait that long for the Distortion. Performance bike has a satisfaction garantee anyways.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I think Ill just have to order the Sanction cause I can't wait that long for the Distortion. Performance bike has a satisfaction garantee anyways.
    Hey, see my "from experience" pros/cons post to you about the 1.0 over on that AM gt v. Giant thread . I think it'll be a good choice overall.