mtbr member
    Apr 2008

GT a reputable bike company with a future?

I recently purchased a GT Avalanche hardtail and so far I am pleased with what I got in exchange for what I paid. I am thinking of perhaps adding a GT full suspension a little later on to tackle more technical stuff but wanted to know if it's worth Investing in a bike that will require more maintenance and thus parts in the future. Basically, would GT still be around considering their ups and downs in recent years. Does anyone have any insight regarding GT?

tlg
    (enter witty phrase here)
    As with any bike company, most of the parts are made by third parties. The only thing GT makes is the frame. Perhaps some bushings and pivots on a FS bike. Once you're past the warranty, then those don't matter either. Can always get a 3rd party frame.

GT isn't going anywhere. If they offer something you like don't be afraid to go for it.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    And the frame is made in taiwan for that matter... but GT is part of the largest bicycle conglomorate in the world presently... Dorel Corporation in Montreal, Quebec, Canada is an investment-group which owns GT, Schwinn, Mongoose, Pacific Cycles, Cannondale, Sugoi, and several other major brands.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread