mtbr member

GT Peace 9r sizing ?'s

Im 6'3" w/ 32" inseam & come in about 312lbs (weighed myself last night).

Is the large size frame (19") going to be big enough for me? This bike seems to have just about everything I want. My budget just dropped again, so for the price it seems like a match, but i want to make sure it will fit before I order it online...

REALLY?
    I ride a med 18" and I feel it fits me perfect (I don't think there is a 19" but don't quote me) and I'm 5'11" so I think a large is the bike for you.

Best thing is to go to the shop and try it out.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

mtbr member
    Unfortunately I'll be ordering this online... No GT dealers near me for miles! lol

I cant remember where I read it, but im virtually positive the large is a 19" frame. GT's website doesnt list the geometry (of course) on the archives... Hopefully someone with knowledge can chime in...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I am 5'7" and I have a M Peace 9r. I have gotten used to it, but I wish I had gotten a small. I got a M because I got a great deal on it along with some extra parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by forkboy
    And don't be scared to walk. Walking is one of the mystical 3 gears of Single Speed.

Sit
    Stand
    Walk.

Chronic Underachiever
    I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam and test rode a L tonight. It fit me quite well. Nice bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I'm a 6' 0" guy with a 31" inseam. After much, much anguish I ended up mail ordering a GT Peace size medium. I based this choice on the Effective Top Tube(ETT) of 24", which is quite generous compared to my road bike (a large would be a inch longer). At the same time, I know I like a center-of-bottom-bracket-to-top-of-saddle of 30.5". On the medium, this means the seat post is right at its maximum extension. I've got the bike and I think my estimations were correct, although I haven't had opportunity to ride it much more than around the neighborhood a bit. If you're larger or smaller than I, plan your purchase accordingly. A size Large might have worked, but I'm a drop-bars fan and I calculated that frame size would have pushed the stem up higher than would be comfortable. I'll post later how that conversion works out. Right now, I'm having trouble getting my SL-BS77 shifters to mesh with the stock Deore deraullier. Reports are it should work. I just need some time to fiddle with it. I hope.

mtbr member
    i'm about 6'4" and have had an L sized peace 9r for the past 2-3 years ... fits good and is a heap of fun ... from memory all i changed on it was to install a slightly longer stem ...
    everything on it may be budget, but the whole package is excellent value in my opinion, you can't go wrong ...
    "old enough to know better. too old to care."