Thread: GT Karakoram

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

GT Karakoram

Totally psyched as I bought a Karakoram from ebay this weekend. Could someone please help me with the year? I think it's somewhere btwn a '94-96? Thanks for all your help.

rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Need a better picture than that. Take a close up of the decal....I think it's a Mirror Titanium colored 1995 model. The year "Mountain Biking" magazine picked it as their 'Bike of the Year". See if your spec's match these at this link:
    http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...oram&Type=bike
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Thanks

Yeah, I think it's a 95!!!!

hardtailer
    Aug 2008
    Those are sweet bike indeed. I concur it must be a 95 as I don't believe that color was offered in 94. I think the only choices were purple and black. I have a purple 94 I bought new for 450 with the front shock. Cool to know it was the MTB of the year the following year. I must of chose wisely then. Save for the replaceable derailer hanger it was the best cro-mo bike IMO for the money and could easily be made just as good.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Hey GT4ever, can you post a pic of your purple 94. I bought a Kara frame but haven't picked it up at my sister's house in Indianapolis, so if you still have it I'd like to see what it looks like. I have a pic of my frame but it's a small pic and I can only tell it's purple. It' gonna be built up as my singlespeeder as soon as I get my hands on it.

hardtailer
    Aug 2008
    So are you from the indy area? My sister also lives in the indy are right by the monon trail in NORA near 96th street. Its pretty flat but eagle creek park is decent.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Nah, I'm from Oklahoma City, Ok. My sister lives in Indy. I've ridden at the 96th trail and it was kinda flat but just to have a trail in the city I think is pretty cool. We have one here called Bluff Creek and it's pretty decent but it's just 4 miles long. After a few laps of the merry go round you kinda get bored. Where are you from?