mtbr member

GT idrive TEAM decals or stickers

Is anyone selling GT idrive TEAM decals? Or do you know a store the sales the decals?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Only found gt decals on ebay. Was searching for I drive 5 decals none available but lots of GT decals

mtbr member
    I know bro, I searched all over ebay. No decals for GT idrive TEAM. Hopefully someone will see this post and provide an option.

Best regards,

William.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by thrill23 View Post
    I know bro, I searched all over ebay. No decals for GT idrive TEAM. Hopefully someone will see this post and provide an option.

Best regards,

William.
    Good luck! Highly doubtful you'll find any. I tried to find the year 2000' GT XCR-LE stickers just a year after production. In 2001' and they were non existent.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    To Dirtjunkie, I think I saw some decals for your bike on Ebay for you bro. My solution is I hired a professional painter to paint the decals exactly how they appear. Not sure if you read my bike profile, but I am rebuilding my bike better and nicer than factory. As soon as I am finished I will post up pictures.

Front Range, Colorado
    To Dirtjunkie, I think I saw some decals for your bike on Ebay for you bro. My solution is I hired a professional painter to paint the decals exactly how they appear. Not sure if you read my bike profile, but I am rebuilding my bike better and nicer than factory. As soon as I am finished I will post up pictures.
    Umm sounds good and can't wait to see the final result. Although if you read my response you would have seen I tried to find these stickers way back in 2001' only a year after production with ZERO luck. My year 2000' LE is long gone I cracked 2 frames just 6 months apart way back then. I was S.O.L. on the second frame for a warranty replacement due to the GT bankruptcy in 2001'.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    I will ride this bike till the frame brakes or I get an offer. I'm just having the painter drawl the decals, but a little custome on the colors.

mtbr member

Year: 2001 GT idrive TEAM revised and modernized

Good evening guys,

Sorry about the delay. I finally finished the $400.00 paint job on my GT Team idrive MTB. Description: Red Front and Rear, Black fades into body with charcoal grey. The old colors were yellow tips with blue body. I stayed true to GT idrive team model. I could not find the decals, so I bought a custom GT decal from London, painted the idrive Team, and bought a Easton decal like the original. In my opinion the bike looks like a bad ass I-drive team version. What do you think?

I will try getting the bike set up this week.

Best regards,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GT idrive TEAM decals or stickers-20140519_121509.jpg  

GT idrive TEAM decals or stickers-sand-gt-mtb.jpg  

GT idrive TEAM decals or stickers-img_1152.jpg  

GT idrive TEAM decals or stickers-img_9579.jpg  

GT idrive TEAM decals or stickers-imagejpeg_0.jpg  

GT idrive TEAM decals or stickers-gt-bike-1.jpg  

GT idrive TEAM decals or stickers-gt-bike.jpg  

Sneaker man
    That original team colourway rocks
    2003 Yeti ARC
    2008 GT Zaskar Reissue
    1996 GT Xizang
    2012 Cervelo R3

mtbr member
    Thank you mik_git,

I wanted to modernize my bike. I currently have it at bike shop getting Shimano XT and XTR part installed. I can't wait to hit the trails. I will update when bike is complete.

Best regards,

William.

Front Range, Colorado
    Thrill23,
    I commend you on your work. Although what was bad ass with those bikes was the original Team GT race color scheme of blue and yellow. Plus by custom painting it you just dropped the vintage mystique and value down a notch or two. As I said your workmanship looks great I'm just disappointed you chose a frame that was one of the few original GT I-drive models that were hand built Easton taper wall tubing and special from the factory. Also the ping pong paddle sticker marked them as such against the blue and yellow race colors. With those special frames originality is where it's at. My 2 cents.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Good morning Dirt junkie,

As mentioned on forum Original GT idrive riders still out there. I understand your point of view however, I do not share the same vision. I documented my painting process and have pictures to see what my bike looked like. So if I ever wanted to go back to old paint job I will by replicating the original paint job. I replaced every part with Shimano XT, XTR, all top of the line by Shimano.

Using your example of the 1967' Corvette 427 compared to the work I did on my bike. I would of up dated the vehicle with a nice paint job and replace with the best up to date suspension. So when I take a turn the handling is not like 1967, but more like 2014. I'm the type to enjoy what I have instead of watch it in a garage or in your terms museum. Nevertheless, we have a difference of opinion and I appreciate your opinion.

Best regards,

William.

Front Range, Colorado
    Good morning Dirt junkie,

As mentioned on forum Original GT idrive riders still out there. I understand your point of view however, I do not share the same vision. I documented my painting process and have pictures to see what my bike looked like. So if I ever wanted to go back to old paint job I will by replicating the original paint job. I replaced every part with Shimano XT, XTR, all top of the line by Shimano.

Using your example of the 1967' Corvette 427 compared to the work I did on my bike. I would of up dated the vehicle with a nice paint job and replace with the best up to date suspension. So when I take a turn the handling is not like 1967, but more like 2014. I'm the type to enjoy what I have instead of watch it in a garage or in your terms museum. Nevertheless, we have a difference of opinion and I appreciate your opinion.

Best regards,

William.
    Fair enough we both have different views. I just had to let you know how I felt about it. I think your workmanship is great I just wish you chose one of the thousands of other older I-drive models out there that don't have the elite craftsmanship and race heritage and limited production run as the Team.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I had a team myself, I sold it way too cheap. Got to agree with the other fella about the paint. Original is one of the best paint schemes I've ever seen. GT should do it again on the Helios.