Hey guys, here's my recent GT frame buildup. I've been riding GT bmxs ever since I was a kid so I've always had a place for GT in my heart. Bike was a 2008 GT Avalanche 3.0 I picked up off of craigslist for super cheap.
Took everything off the frame. And decided it needed to be repainted.
I had the frame powder coated flat black. I figured this would be best since I wouldn't have to buy materials to strip and paint the frame myself, and I don't have proper space to ensure a nice clean coat. I ordered gold GT stickers off ebay and slapped them on.
Putting together parts for the bike. It's a frankenstein of parts, oh well.
After putting it all on the bike.
And it's done!
Build list is:
- Shimano XTR m975 brakes 160mm front 140mm rear
- Easton ea30 straight bar & stem
- Shimano Deore crank with BBG inner and outer bashguards, blackspire chain guide, e13 32t chainring
- Shimano Saint rear derailleur and bottom bracket
- Shimano XT 9 speed cassette and shifter
- KMC x9
- DMR V8 pedals
- Deore XT hubs laced to Single track rims with Speed King tires
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »