mtbr member
    Sep 2008

GT Force Rear Shock Suggestions

I scratched my Fox Float R and its leaking air to the point I have to add air a few times each time I ride. So I'm saving up for either sending my current Fox Float R to PUSH or getting getting a coil. Anyone running coils on their Force or Sanction yet?

Does anyone know the specs on this rear shock? (Came across this on the Socal Trail Riders website)

mtbr member
    Curious if anyone has done this also...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I've seen a few Sanctions with DHX 5.0's on 'em and they go very well.

The shock on that Lopes Force is a Marzocchi Roco WC. Given it's a custom frame the
    specs will be a little differant to what you'll need. But as long as it's a 7.5x2 it'll fit.

The Roco's seem to be a love it or hate it deal (like most Marzocchi stuff!) but
    you can check 'em out over at www.marzocchi.com.

Personally i like the Float R Push. The Float R is one of the lightest and nicest shocks
    available to the Force and with a Push upgrade you won't need any of the the bells and
    whistles of higher end shocks like RP23, and will be a fair bit cheaper too.

Sounds like a winner to me.

anything like an RP23.
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

mtbr member
    depends what you intend to ride. unless you are really hucking it, the pushed float r should be fine.

i never use the pro-pedal setting on my rp23

mtbr member
    The biggest drops I've hit so far are around 4-5' and I don't really plan to go much bigger than that.

Is there a noticeable difference after push is done with it? Should I get the rebuild or the tuning system? I have a RP2.