mtbr member
    Sep 2008

GT Force 3.0 Chain Guide

Hey guys just wondering if anyone is running a chain guide system on a Force or Sanction and what kind. I'm thinking running dual rings and going for the MRP LRP or maybe just a Race Face Bash Guard with a Blackspire Stinger guide. I'd appreciate any suggestions and comments on any fit problems with these bikes. Thanks guys.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I've been running the race face bashguard with the blackspire stinger for a while now and it works relatively well. It still loses the chain off the top sometimes but it's rare. When upgrade fever strikes again, i'll probably go with a top and bottom guide.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I think I'm leaning toward that for the price mainly. I'm guessing you went with the bottom bracket mounted Stinger?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesarm31
    I think I'm leaning toward that for the price mainly. I'm guessing you went with the bottom bracket mounted Stinger?
    Yep. Price was also my main consideration when I bought the combo.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I'll tell you what I guys, I think I may have figured it out. I've got a 36 tooth on the big ring with an FSA bash guard and Blackburn Stinger for the chain guide. So far, it's been stellar and gives me all the gears I need.